Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 11:23 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,660,381 times

Advertisements

Aren't a husband and wife supposed to have kids only when they are prepared to care for them themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,037 times
Yes your crazy. Teachers should get paid for on a holiday when it is closed. Your seriously complaining? Do you get paid holidays off? Why shouldn’t they? You are paying for a SPOT. Not the time you are there. You are paying for the opportunity to take your child to that daycare everyday that week and regardless of if it’s a holiday or there sick you should still have to pay because you are paying for that opportunity to have your child have a spot in that care center/ home. So if you pick your kid up early should you not have to pay for the whole day? No that’s ridiculous and a very disrespectful way to treat someone caring for your Child. Hire an attorney for not wanting to pay your teacher for the holiday off!? You are terrible. This is there job! And if they are offering a great service you pay them for the holidays they have to close so they can spend time with there family and not worry at the same time about getting less pay for the month. Treat your providers better they are working hard. Rant over.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:01 PM

5,467 posts, read 6,101,957 times
Oops, the thread has been dead for over a year.

Relax, take a deep breath and count to 5. LOL!

Old 04-12-2018, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 934 times
Hi All,

My son signed up for a daycare which has Teacher's Professional days, Spring Break and Summer Break and Christmas Break when we have to take our child out and still pay for the fee for full month when they have 1 week of Spring break, 1 week of Summer break and 2 weeks of Christmas Break. I accept the terms and conditions. Then on a random date, they announced to increase $100 per month starting from the coming month. I have also accept it. Then, one day, I give them a month in advanced notice for my son as we are going away for 4 weeks, so we can skip a month of daycare. They emailed me back and said they only accept notice at 1st of each month for a full month, otherwise, they have to charge us without providing any child care service. But it is difficult for us to arrange work schedule, flight schedule and daycare schedule. I am wondering if this is legal?

Old 04-12-2018, 07:59 PM

2,781 posts, read 5,182,762 times
supply and demand, don't pay for service you don't like (if you have a choice that is)

Old 01-03-2022, 06:48 AM

1 posts, read 510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensky View Post
The daycare has fixed expenses. You need to look at your payments on an annualized basis, not a per-day basis. The owner has to pay the rent/lease/mortgage per month whether kids are there or not. To be able to operate on the small margin that most daycares get after paying expenses, this is how they can stay in business. If you are receiving wonderful daycare in a safe place, it shouldn't be a big deal to you. If you don't like the service, then that is another matter.

A class action suit is just way over the top. Why would you consider doing this to a business that is offering a needed service to the community? You want to make it so that less people decide it is worth the hassle to deal with parents who can't understand that the bills have to be paid to provide your children with quality daycare? Being so litigious is NOT the way to guarantee better childcare in this region and THAT should be your concern.

I understand that daycares have many things to pay out but when they charge the parent for day off like a holiday, they have to understand now the parent have to look for someone else to take care of the kid on that day off and that's another charge on top of the charge they have to pay someone else and the daycare and now they pay to payment if I want holiday sometimes they can't even find someone to take care of the child that day end up losing the days of work which is a full amount of a day's pay something has to be done with this maybe partial payment will be something preferable and understandable.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:37 AM

5,467 posts, read 6,101,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Twyce View Post
I understand that daycares have many things to pay out but when they charge the parent for day off like a holiday, they have to understand now the parent have to look for someone else to take care of the kid on that day off and that's another charge on top of the charge they have to pay someone else and the daycare and now they pay to payment if I want holiday sometimes they can't even find someone to take care of the child that day end up losing the days of work which is a full amount of a day's pay something has to be done with this maybe partial payment will be something preferable and understandable.
Punctuation is everyone's friend and always lends some clarity.

Meanwhile, pay for the daycare if you want daycare. If you don't want daycare, withdraw your child.

BUT, don't try to make rules for a business you can't control other than to patronize or not patronize it.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:07 AM

334 posts, read 292,009 times
This may come across as a crass response: If having to take care of one's own child is such an inconvenience for the parent, the parent should consider putting the child up for adoption.

A lot of parents see their kids only after work and on weekends (provided, of course, that the kids haven't been enrolled in activities that keep them away from home during those times). Years ago, I taught at a private academy that offered day care for students K-8 between 6 am and 6:30 pm. Many of the kids in that school had been managed like that for years. Those kids (for the most part) posed the greatest behavior problems.

Most people wouldn't consider putting their dogs in a kennel when they can't be home to take care of them, yet for some reason, some parents are willing to relinquish their responsibility to rear their kids to someone else.Then they wonder why their kids are such a PITA in school and at home.

Yes, I realize that this thread is old. Some parents need to put some thought into the procreation plans before they embark upon the journey of parenting. It isn't easy and it's not always convenient. There are drawbacks to the two-paychecks- and-a- McMansion-on-the-side lifestyle. Kids suffer.

NB: Read the Daycare contract. Undoubtedly, the contract addresses the issue of holidays.

Last edited by Langerhans; 01-03-2022 at 09:19 AM..

Old 01-03-2022, 02:15 PM

576 posts, read 554,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langerhans View Post
This may come across as a crass response: If having to take care of one's own child is such an inconvenience for the parent, the parent should consider putting the child up for adoption.
Seriously! This is your answer? Sometimes people have to find childcare. A simple answer is to read the contract before patronizing a service. Why not avoid the trouble of an adoption as you suggest and just get an abortion at the first sign of pregnancy?

Old 01-03-2022, 05:27 PM

334 posts, read 292,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McAlister View Post
Seriously! This is your answer?

Arthur,

With age comes wisdom and maturity. Your day may be far off, but when it finally arrives, you might get half of that.

Cheers,

Hans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: