Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,648 times

Advertisements

you are right daycare is high, but let me explain it this way with out day care no job , also when we buy a house we must pay the mortgage every month even when we go on vacation. That is what daycare is like, you pay to keep there space. Example baby room holds 8 babies you need them there to pay the bills or there will not be a daycare. you cant pay the bills and make payroll if once a week someone is out sick and the center is not getting paid so most centers give you like a week vacation and 10 sick days thats what are place gives us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 10:44 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,427,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
I only worked 9 months per year. I had to continue paying during the months I was off or they would have given my spots away to other people who WOULD pay all 12 months.

It is just part of the deal.

Think about this: If you ran a business and someone said, "I would like to only use half, so I will pay half" compared to someone who came in and said, "I will use 100% and I will pay 100%." Which person would you take?

I am a bit surprised at so many saying it is ridiculous.

I no longer have daycare aged kids, but I did and I had to pay just like everyone else.
AND with every Tom, Jane and Carrie, between 25 to 45 moving TO Charlotte, NC right now those HELD SLOTS for your kids will become even fewer and more valuable! The area is growing rapidly. Maybe try dividing the amount you pay the daycare by 40 hours and see what you are truly paying. I KNOW the answer, already, as I deal with this on a day by day basis. You get what you pay for in child care. IF you are happy, treasure your daycare people! I believe they just charged and jailed the woman who harmed a 5 month old at one of the daycares this evening.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:54 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,427,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyhoustongyrl View Post
I also had to pay when my daughter daycare was closed or she was absent. It is ridiculous. I was told they do that because your child has a "spot" and if not paid they could give that "spot" to someone else. I am so Thankful my daughter is now 13 yrs old I don't need a babysitter those days are OVER!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet you were chronically late to pick that daughter up, too. Those who complain the most are usually the BIGGEST rule breakers (ESP in daycare).

Old 11-24-2015, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,413 times
If you really sit down to figure out the daycare hourly wages, I'd say you're probably getting a "deal". Most daycares earn about $2 - $4 per hour and keep your child about 10 hours per day. So, if they keep your child for 10 hours @ $2/ hr. they are only making $ $20/day.

If you think you're being over charged then try finding a different daycare that fit your budget.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,167 times
What about after care that is based on west coast that serves east coast. School days are all different. Every time we have a random " no school day" ( not a holiday) I get charged still because of " policy"

Old 04-21-2016, 12:50 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,186,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katya Nicole View Post
What about after care that is based on west coast that serves east coast. School days are all different. Every time we have a random " no school day" ( not a holiday) I get charged still because of " policy"
Find another provider that uses the local holiday calendar.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:52 AM

71 posts, read 86,603 times
My preschool charges the same price per month regardless of number of days taught or holidays. And I am so glad to have my spot there. If I am going to skimp on something, it is not going to be on my kids...OP is paying less on daycare than most kennels charge for boarding dogs.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:35 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,858 times
...amazing how many people created an account to just to post in this thread...a lot of 1st posts.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:30 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBetaZeta View Post
My preschool charges the same price per month regardless of number of days taught or holidays. And I am so glad to have my spot there. If I am going to skimp on something, it is not going to be on my kids...OP is paying less on daycare than most kennels charge for boarding dogs.
that's cause dog kennels know owners will pay stupid amounts of money for their pets.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:34 PM

71 posts, read 86,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
that's cause dog kennels know owners will pay stupid amounts of money for their pets.
Just like people freak out over copay going up at the pediatrician while insurance covers most of it, they don't bat an eye at paying full out of pocket at the vet for Fido!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: