Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:52 AM

10 posts, read 28,993 times

Advertisements

Hi

I am having my second baby in january. Which one of hospitals would you guys suggest? CMC pineville or presbyterian. I mean the services they offer and about NICU facily they have. How good are they.

I am really making a serious decision based on the inputs you provide. because we are new to charlotte and we dont know anyone here.

thank you very much/.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:20 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,714,802 times
Friends of ours chose Presby over CMC Pineville. Not sure why but they did all the homework, etc. I visited them after they had the baby at Presby and it was very impressed with the room and services they offered there.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:29 AM

41 posts, read 107,864 times
We are currently expecting our second baby as well. Personally we based our decision of where to deliver on two factors... 1) doctor/OB practice selection (many doctors select where they deliver) and 2) proximity and continuity of NICU services. Therefore we delivered at CMC Main. CMC Main is adjacent to the new Levine Children's Hospital.

Our daughter was born a month early but fortunately did not need the NICU services. I had complications though. I was pleased with the care I received at CMC Main and so glad that I had selected the doctor(s) I did. In the end, their medical care was much more valuable than any comforts and conveniences that the other hospitals provided new moms. Good luck to you in your decision and congratulations on your new addition!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:39 AM

797 posts, read 3,295,817 times
Def. not CMC Pineville. Choose either Presby uptown or CMC uptown .

Old 11-25-2009, 11:08 AM

175 posts, read 412,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
I agree...hopefully you nor your baby will need any advanced level services but it is always good to know you are at the best place in case you do. We chose Presby simply because we are anti-CMC, and our doctors are all Presby docs. It is a great facility and offers top notch NICU. However, as much as I dislike CHS and its IMO poor management from top mdown, they do offer a great facility with the new Levine Childrens Hospital.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:40 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,897,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
I agree. DS recently had outpatient surgery at CMC Pineville. The service was definitely subpar compared to my surgery experience at Presby. There were many and on time post-surgery calls from Presby, and only from the anesthesia dept at CMC-Pineville. A couple of years ago, hubby had a procedure at Presby-Matthews. That was excellent too. It must be Presby then, regardless of location.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:27 PM

446 posts, read 831,206 times
I worked 7 years at Presby downtown and wouldn't go anywhere else if I were pregnant. They have an OUTSTANDING NICU, FANTASTIC, trained RN's in the NICU, L&D and postpartum. It's a fantastic place. I have nothing to gain as I don't work there anymore, but I did work in the NICU on and off and on the high risk OB unit for several years as well as the nursery and postpartum. I loved the ladies I worked with as well as the ancillary staff. Everyone is very well trained, educated, kind, and know how to treat patients. The high risk OB unit is one of the best and takes patients from all over the outlying areas that don't have the ability to take care of extremely high risk patients....same with the NICU.

I could go on and ok...lol...but I'll stop. I guess you get the point. I would love to go back to work there...oh, btw, they have a beautiful new women's center...built several years ago but state of the art in every way.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Sandy

Old 11-26-2009, 05:38 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,621 times
We delivered our baby @ CMC Pineville and had wonderful service. I guess the real decision is where does your Dr. work from? If there a member of the CMC network, then that's where you go right?

CMC Pineville had wonderful staff in their maternity center, the rooms were very nice and everything was great for our first born!

Old 11-26-2009, 10:13 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,139,204 times
Dont worry the prices are still controlled by the same price gouging big money makers at both places. Unless you leave charlotte you will pay to use this "network".....And if you have an ID and you dont have CASH to even pay your copayment they will work with you by quickly turning your bill over to a finance company/ collection agency and you dont need to even ask...I wish all of the people working at these places a big fat happy thanksgiving..IM SURE THEY WILL HAVE ONE. (note those who have fake IDs or NO IDs can disreguard this post. Your bills are covered) LOL

Old 11-26-2009, 10:35 AM

149 posts, read 581,524 times
I delivered at CMC Pineville in May and had an outstanding experience. The room was huge with our own private patio, free parking, wonderful nurses and great food! I had to have an emergency c-section and everything went great! I have had two friends deliver there as well and the both loved it and said they wouldn't go anywhere else. I had one friend deliver at Pres and she had a good experience but not anything out of the ordinary. The rooms are small and all visitors had to pay for parking. CMC gave my husband a rollout bed to sleep on, not sure if the room at Pres would even be big enough for that.

I think either hospital is fine, but my choice would be CMC Pineville. Their staff goes beyond the call of duty. Also, it is smaller and you feel you get more personal treatment and get to know all your nurses. Congrats on your baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte