U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2007, 07:30 PM

55 posts, read 151,179 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Kiser Woods in Concord? The houses seem nice, and priced well, but there seem to be a good number up for sale. Any thoughts?? Is is near a "transitioning" or bad area?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 08:11 PM

113 posts, read 434,448 times
In my opinion there's nothing special about it. An averige community, oh well, could be better could be worse. Foreclosures sometimes...
The problem there: no HOA. It is suicidal for a start-up community not to have it.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:28 PM

55 posts, read 151,179 times
Thanks, Wades. Where I live, I do not think any HOA's exist, except in retirement communities, so I am not familiar with them in the slightest. What are the benefits to one? All I "know" is that they tell you how to cut your grass, or something - I think I got that from "Over the Hedge".

Are HOA's considered the norm, then?

Old 05-17-2007, 01:28 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,431,747 times
Pretty much!

Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 AM

113 posts, read 434,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2NC View Post
Thanks, Wades. Where I live, I do not think any HOA's exist, except in retirement communities, so I am not familiar with them in the slightest. What are the benefits to one? All I "know" is that they tell you how to cut your grass, or something - I think I got that from "Over the Hedge".

many people say 'I don't want HOA to tell me what to do' and of course 'I don't want to pay for HOA', and it's ok if all you want to do is to build a pretty fence and a pool...but what HOA might do they might tell you no and fine you.
All HOA will probably fine you if you don't cut your grass (unless it is included in your fee and then they cut it), for not putting your garbage away, for improper parking, for doing anything to your house that is not approved by the archtectural comittee (can't paint, can't put vinil for siding, can't have nothing in front yard, no RV no boats, etc, etc.), bad, bad HOA some people say.

But let's face it, you might be a good homeowner but your neighbour might not be (especially first time home-owners, oh well whoever tought them?),
so you Protect yourself and your property by paying some one quaterly so they inforce all these rules AND
maintain common areas and street lights and that sign with the name of the subdivision.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:16 PM

5 posts, read 16,026 times
I live in Kiser Woods Concord, and we do have a form of an "HOA". There is no Association but there is an "Agreement". This agreement is supposed to be given to every homeowner at the time of purchase. But since there is no enforcement of this agreement, it is pretty much worthless. Cars are seen parked on the street curb for months if not years with flat tires, pets roam freely across lawns, Sheds are made of cheap aluminum and dont match the homes, boats and campers can be seen in the front driveways, etc. . . .you've got the idea by now. I've lived here for 6 years and sometimes refer to it as the Kiser Woods Dog Kennel as a joke. On any given day you can hear barking dogs all across the fruited plain. We have recently decorated the neighborhood with 25 mph speed signs that were placed in the most pleasant of locations to match the obtrusive and ugly wooden light poles.
There used to be monthly meetings 5 years ago, but the kind folks that organized this have moved and nobody took their place. For a while there were monthly newsletters that kept the neighborhood informed about violations and problems.
It would be nice if someone (preferably a stay at home person) could take this job over and create a new "pride" in this nice neighborhood.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:21 PM

252 posts, read 833,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2NC View Post

Most communities must have an HOA especially if there are any amenities(pool, tennis courts) which need upkeep. Many communities without amenities still have one to keep the neighborhood on an even keel. Its not specifically lay down the law to homeowners(they should police themselves) but to try and keep the sundivision amenities in good repair, keep homeowners from going too far out of the norm with their building projects. No one want to see a barb wire fence, or polka dot shutters. BUt an HOA is only as good as the members. Once the community is finished the homeowners run it or in the case of condos & townhomes hire a company to run it and have members on the board. Kaiser woods is a nice average community. There are a lot of rentals because quite a few investors bought there when the community was first built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte