Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 04:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,834,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutejanelle1 View Post
I am working in Rock Hill as a teacher, but living in charlotte. Is there a negative to this?

As a single person, fort mill and rock hill didnt seem like ideal places... much more family oriented. I live in the Steele Creek area and there are a lot of younger professionals there. Just my opinion.... would love a response though!
Seems to me like you asked this question, then answered it for yourself? Did you really want opinions or was your question rhetorical?

Lovethecarolinas is right, every person must choose what works best for them. The original poster wanted to know about where to live with her husband working in Rock Hill given the fact that she has 3 children. In HER situation I believe Fort Mill is a great option, after all, when does the married mother of triplets have time to go out on many dates?

Of course, as a single young woman the kind of place you wanted to live is going to be a bit different than the kind of place a young family is likely going to want to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 04:59 PM

87 posts, read 329,453 times
Kind of what i said like 4 posts ago to the SINGLE person that asked. And as for dates for a mom with triplets... again to each his/her own... This is a forum, just let people post their opinion and just post yours... seriously its not that serious

Old 05-21-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should go back to page 1... I didnt answer the original question... Just adding my two cents. The last line is a figure of speech... obviously not known in NC?
How's this for a figure of speech? Well, bless your little heart, you're not from around here are you?

No need to insult the locals.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:04 PM

Also, when offering an opinion, it is would prevent any confusion if you addressed the person in the middle of the thread you are trying to communicate with or referenced their particular post. Otherwise, you look like you are responding to the original poster.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:46 PM

396 posts, read 1,436,000 times
Quote:
I am working in Rock Hill as a teacher, but living in charlotte. Is there a negative to this?

As a single person, fort mill and rock hill didnt seem like ideal places... much more family oriented. I live in the Steele Creek area and there are a lot of younger professionals there. Just my opinion.... would love a response though!
I realize you were not the original poster; however, you did ask a question and then seemed to answer your own question "is there a negative"--- obviously for you, there are none.

And by the way, CuteJanelle1, not a nice crack about North Carolinians... we know lots of figures of speech, but I'll choose to take the high road and not enlighten you on some.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:16 PM

87 posts, read 329,453 times
Can we please stick to the topic... and just worry about posting something that would help others not antogonize another poster for their opinions... We are all grownups...

Old 05-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
The last line is a figure of speech... obviously not known in NC?
Oh, right. That wasn't antagonistic at all, was it?

Old 05-21-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
... We are all grownups...
Nor was this condescending.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:43 PM

9 posts, read 42,907 times
Thanks everyone for responding to my post. I appreciate it. I do have another question though....Does anyone know how the SC (Rock Hill, York, etc...) schools compare to Charlotte? Or should I pose that question in another message topic? Thanks!

Old 05-23-2007, 01:26 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,221,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfTriplets View Post
Thanks everyone for responding to my post. I appreciate it. I do have another question though....Does anyone know how the SC (Rock Hill, York, etc...) schools compare to Charlotte? Or should I pose that question in another message topic? Thanks!
Well, that is up to you if you wish to start another post/thread or not?

Trying to compare the Charlotte/Meck school district...as a whole...to Rock Hill, SC (or any other York County schools) is like trying to make a comparison to David versus Goliath. The Charlotte/Meck school district covers a wide expanse of area. And just like any large school district....you are going to have some good ones and your going to have some...not so good ones. Even in Rock Hill (which is are largest town in York County) you will find some schools that will be better than some others. It would be a tad easier if you had a particular school in Charlotte that you were/are interested in to compare it to... Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Clover, or......?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte