Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 11:43 AM

571 posts, read 707,714 times

Advertisements

I was so happy to discover this last week on my trip to Charlotte. Finally, Charlotte has something interesting and unique for out-of-towners to visit. So often I see people asking where to take friends when they're visiting Charlotte, and invariably someone will respond to take them to the mall, as if every other city in the country didn't have a mall. Plaza Fiesta Carolinas is also a mall, but with a very unique twist. It's sort of a mini version of Epcot for Charlotte, but with an exclusively Latin American theme. It's set up with several different corridors. And each corridor has a street sign with the name of a country, and each shop along that corridor pertains to the designated country. And the restaurants in the food court each have cuisine from various Latin American countries. And then there's the live music, dancing and special events! And the multi-storied playground/sliding boards and arcade for the kids. And the Latin American decor throughout. Lots of atmosphere and very fun to hang out.

Plaza Fiesta Carolinas - Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 11:55 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,645,220 times
I went there one time and the kids loved the indoor playground....also not very expensive....would go back.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,341,303 times
My kids are going there this week sometime, just for the crazy big playground. They have only gone once and talk about it all the time.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
My kids are going there this week sometime, just for the crazy big playground. They have only gone once and talk about it all the time.
I'm afraid I'm too big for the playground, but I'd like to go back for the food and music. And yes, prices are very good.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:42 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,719,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard View Post
I was so happy to discover this last week on my trip to Charlotte. Finally, Charlotte has something interesting and unique for out-of-towners to visit. So often I see people asking where to take friends when they're visiting Charlotte, and invariably someone will respond to take them to the mall, as if every other city in the country didn't have a mall. Plaza Fiesta Carolinas is also a mall, but with a very unique twist. It's sort of a mini version of Epcot for Charlotte, but with an exclusively Latin American theme. It's set up with several different corridors. And each corridor has a street sign with the name of a country, and each shop along that corridor pertains to the designated country. And the restaurants in the food court each have cuisine from various Latin American countries. And then there's the live music, dancing and special events! And the multi-storied playground/sliding boards and arcade for the kids. And the Latin American decor throughout. Lots of atmosphere and very fun to hang out.

Plaza Fiesta Carolinas - Home
I always like to recommned this place to people, I think its a wonderful hidden gem in Charlotte. One of my favorite events in Charlotte is the International Festival at UNCC every Fall. They have different vendors from various ethnic groups set up selling all kinds of items. The first time I went to Plaza Feista I was shocked to see basically the same set up....on a permenant basis!! I think that mall is a great place to visit.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
I always like to recommned this place to people, I think its a wonderful hidden gem in Charlotte. One of my favorite events in Charlotte is the International Festival at UNCC every Fall. They have different vendors from various ethnic groups set up selling all kinds of items. The first time I went to Plaza Feista I was shocked to see basically the same set up....on a permenant basis!! I think that mall is a great place to visit.

Ah, the International Festival at UNCC. I'm so glad to know that's still going on. I was a student there in the '80s and that was a very popular event (that I never missed) even then.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:28 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,419,550 times
I agree about the mall recommendations. It never makes sense to me. Plaza Fiesta has been doing well since it opened 2 years ago. The playground is a big draw for families.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:23 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,770,266 times
I'm glad to see someone finally did something with this place that's positive! I remember when it was the plain old "Outlet Marketplace" and there was a few small shops, and it had a fairly decent food court and that was it! My daughter is a bit young for the playground but I can't wait to take her there when she is older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte