U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 08:58 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,392,002 times

Advertisements

Anybdy familiar with Lockridge Homes. They offer buiding on your own lot. They have BBB rating of A - but would like to know if anyone had any experiences with them.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 10,908 times
Not sure if you went with Lockridge homes or not. We chose them to build our home in Lugoff sc and so far the service has been great and they are very willing to help. We have not broke ground yet because we are waiting on the appraisal on the construction loan to come back. I did do some research and found out they are affiliated with Keystone builders and I was not thrilled about that at all. I just hope we end up with quality home when its all said and done. The model homes we toured seemed well constructed from what I could see. The builder told me the do a lot of sub contracting depending on your area in the state where you want to build. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I will post back as we start to build.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:52 AM

3 posts, read 15,377 times
I was checking on Lockridge b/c they sent a request for work to be done in the Charlotte area through fax. We drill water wells. I dont know anything about them. Just know that there bbb was created a couple of months ago.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 PM

267 posts, read 940,160 times
They are affiliated with Keystone builders and if it were me I would run away very fast. If the price seems good remember you get what you pay for. If you want to learn what I mean by this, feel free to PM me.

Keystone doesn't allow private phase inspections. Does Lockridge?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 9,247 times
As a vendor, I am very familiar with Lockridge Homes. They are on the forefront of modern buidling techniques which is why you received an email or fax purchase order. In order to offer quality new homes at affordable prices, they have used technology to originate purchase orders and schedule vendors and subcontractors. It is a very efficient way to conduct business - zero chance of any mis-communication! As a vendor, I appreciate the direct communication which sumamrizes the cost, date of the job and any special requirements. I am also paid directly via electronic payment at the time my job is complete. There is no waiting for 30 to 60 days for payment. I hope this helps you understand their business model.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 PM

2 posts, read 17,071 times
I have a an acquaintance considering that builder. Google Lockridge Homes complaints and read. Really some of the worst and scariest comments I've read about a business. One poster enlisting other buyers for a class action suit. They build in our state. re: BBB-- pretty much if you pay your BBB dues you get the A Rating, I guess. They have 5 recent complaints, but still have an A rating. My 21 yr old company has never had a complaint and we have same rating... Go figure. You can check their State contractor's license to see if any charges are on it, and check County building office to see if there are other complaints where they have been building. The best way to check them out is to ask for references. If not given to you immediately, just ask for some addresses of homes they've built so you can drive by the exterior. Then pull up to the home and tell the owner you are considering their builder and want to ask them some questions. Youll get a true description. Careful reading-- complaintsnott for the faint of heart. Most complaints infer that Keystone and are one in same. You might be able to tell on contractors license. Good luck.

Last edited by Poodlelover; 07-08-2013 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: Mis- spelled

Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 17,071 times
Spoken by someone making big bucks on their building products. Do you handle their customer complaints? Making commissions on a few of the more than 30,000 products and services that go into building each new home (wow, they are so technologically advanced that they use purchase orders!) does not a reference make. Read the complaints on the Internet.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:14 AM

2 posts, read 17,027 times
I built my home with Lockridge and had a great experience. The construction was on time, on budget and the people were great. You should talk to Gene as he has been building homes for over 25-years and knows how to construct quality homes. Good luck with your new home and I am sure you will be as happy with your Lockridge Home. I built the Worthington and we love it.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 17,027 times
BTW - I did read those posts on Pissed Consumer but they were all from people building in the mid-west. I checked with the Better Business Bureau which is a much better indicator of a businesses reputation. Lockridge had an A rating with the Better Business Bureau. I am sure it hasn't changed since I built my home.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 6,802 times
Default Building with Lockridge Homes(Keystone Builders)

As a recent customer from lockridge homes (keystone builders) I would say please stay away!!. We figured Lockridge offered low price build outs with simple packages but wow this company is horrible. Our home is going on a year now, something that should take only 4 months to build! We have been totally stressed out using this company. We are building in Tennessee. For one, Lockridge told us that they have local builders, only to find out the builder constructing our home lives over 4 hours away, never on the job site, not familiar with the local codes at all. Two, we never get a response from anyone, no calls to find out what's going on nor do we get any email responses from the regional manager or builder. I'm stuck here paying a construction loan and it seems like there is no construction going on at all. Do your research if you are taking the path of "building on your own lot". Use local builders with great background experience. It is true, you get what you pay for and in this situation we aren't paying much, and we are not having a good experience. This is supposed to be enjoyable and exciting experience and my wife and I are miserable using this company. DO NOT USE LOCKRIDGE YOU WILL REGRET IT, I PROMISE.. Take care all. hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte