Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:44 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,782,677 times

Advertisements

MP was not guilty!!

Sorry former student from the Selwyn, AG, Myers Park camp here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 11:45 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,855,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
MP was not guilty!!

Sorry former student from the Selwyn, AG, Myers Park camp here

Well that clears up everything I ever thought about ya!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:50 AM

Hey hey watch it there buddy!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:52 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,855,967 times
North Meck grad '94!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:56 AM

I already put that together

Old 05-23-2007, 12:03 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,162,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Good Lord, you got that right. Especially since Garinger was on an action-plan due to low performance and was classified as an at-risk school by the state.

Not to mention the new Myers Park scandal about skewing numbers to boost their overall rankings.

Lesson: As the PP said, get involved and do research first hand.
There will always be those who look at the glass as half empty instead of half full. At least Garinger was placed on an action plan and Myers Park was investigated (and found not guilty) of a scandal. A school system as large as CMS will always have issues, the good news is they are being addressed. These schools were ranked on their ability to prepare students for college, isn't that what most parents want?

Old 05-23-2007, 12:15 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,927,660 times
I agree that it is great that MP was found free of the corruption they were accused of for sure. I had not recently heard the outcome, thanks. I have a couple friends who went there and were upset at the allegations.

I still would not send my kids to Garinger if someone held a gun to my head (which probably could happen in the parking lot there).

Old 05-23-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
I agree that it is great that MP was found free of the corruption they were accused of for sure. I had not recently heard the outcome, thanks. I have a couple friends who went there and were upset at the allegations.

I still would not send my kids to Garinger if someone held a gun to my head (which probably could happen in the parking lot there).
I understand what you're saying. You could get a gun to your head at Columbine, Virginia Tech, or any other school in the nation.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:52 PM

9 posts, read 42,947 times
I can tell you (from personal experience) that the schools that are top rated are because of the number of AP or IB (international Baccalaureate) tests taken by the student. My daughters school, International Academy, in Bloomfield Hills MI, is ranked #7. This is because EVERY class is an IB class--so all tests are IB.

Granted, it is a great school academically--however, if you are looking for sports or a more well-rounded environment, this school would not be the one for you. My point is, these lists can be a bit misleading. Better to check out the school and see for yourself.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfTriplets View Post
I can tell you (from personal experience) that the schools that are top rated are because of the number of AP or IB (international Baccalaureate) tests taken by the student. My daughters school, International Academy, in Bloomfield Hills MI, is ranked #7. This is because EVERY class is an IB class--so all tests are IB.

Granted, it is a great school academically--however, if you are looking for sports or a more well-rounded environment, this school would not be the one for you. My point is, these lists can be a bit misleading. Better to check out the school and see for yourself.
If you're looking for sports and a "well rounded environment" maybe Independence High. It was #895 in the nation AND has won SEVEN straight 4AA State Football Championships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: