Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 04:17 PM

26 posts, read 201,164 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

Yes, I am yet another person looking to move to the Charlotte Area. It seems as if there are several of you out there. I guess that is a positive note, meaning that everyone is going to charlotte rather than moving away from it.

I have spent the last few weeks going through all the great sites for Apartments on the internet. I think Internet Explorer is tried of visiting apartmentfinder.com, rent.com, livingchoices.com to name a few. Honestly if I look at another floor plan i might just get sick.

The problem I am running in to is that on these websites the apartment management teams pick the best pictures to post. Everything look great, nothing out of place. Bascially they look like glamour shots for apartments.

What I am looking for is some honest opinions from some people who actually live in the apartments in Charlotte. I don't have any particular complexes in mind. I think i have looked at them all and at this point they are all starting to look the same. So, if you would be so kind tell me what apartment complex you live in? (if you don't want to let everyone know send me a private message or email me...i swear i won't hunt you down) what you like about it? what you hate about it? what the atmosphere is like? anything that might be helpful in making my decision. Please!!! Before I lose my cool and just pick something random (which in my luck would be the worst possible place

My husband and I would be moving to Charlotte in August hopefully. We are in our late 20's. Have no children. Have two medium/large dogs. Don't really have a price cap on spending at this point and would like something with at least 2 bedrooms.

I appreciate all your help. Ohhhh and pictures of the complex or individual apartments would also be great...and not the lame pictures the complexes provide...i have seen all of those

THANKS A MILLION!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 04:26 PM

279 posts, read 1,086,403 times
Default If Ballantyne works for you ...

Plantation Park in Ballantyne is nice - we have a 30 lb. dog and a cat, no kids, 3 BR apt. and pay just under $1300/month. It's safe, in a great area (I didn't know Ballantyne before we got here, and it's awesome), and a lot of friendly people & dog lovers live here. Just be sure you get the lease term that works for you b/c there is no early termination (ie. if you buy a house, you still have to pay through the lease, or get a tenant in yourself) - save yourself the headache and do month-to-month if you are looking to buy sooner than later. They do have breed restrictions, and I think it's a limit of 2 pets per household.

Good luck!

Last edited by Nina-in-Ashland; 05-23-2007 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: more info added

Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM

18 posts, read 68,814 times
I have never lived in an apartment here but I've seen some that are pretty nice. Post apartments at Phillips Place is nice. They are right behind a walking chi chi shopping area off Fairview that has a Dean & Deluca, Smith Hawkin, PF Changs, boutiques and a Palm restaurant. Also, if money is no object, apartments at South Park Mall are going up and I heard rent will be aroung $3,000 a month or so! But you are at the best mall in town and can walk all over. Oh, and more apartments are going up on Sharon Road where they are building another mixed use area with condos, stores, etc. Those are going to be nice. Sorry I don't know the names of all these...hopefully someone can add to my post with correct info. I would pick the South Park area over Ballantyne (sorry) and maybe even Uptown just because it has everything and is a short drive to Uptown and not too far from Ballantyne --pretty much a short drive to anywhere else in Charlotte, except University. Definately check out the apartments at South Park and the ones off Sharon Rd - The Lofts at Morrison. For the southpark one, google "most expensive apartments in charlotte" and you will find it. Good luck.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:50 PM

Default tooooo much

misslisa...okay maybe saying no price cap was a bit generous...3000 just a bit out of my price rage...i would buy a house first!

Old 05-23-2007, 05:19 PM

770 posts, read 3,681,335 times
When we moved to Charlotte 5 years ago, we rented in a place called Delta Crossing. It wasn't a bad area, but it wasn't the best either. Things change so quickly though. It is off of HT Harris Blvd. We had two large dogs, one is a rottweiler, so our choices were limited.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:15 PM

18 posts, read 68,814 times
Ok....well at least check out the Lofts at Morrison.....

Old 05-23-2007, 07:05 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,389,863 times
My dh is staying at a really nice one in ballantyne...bexley crossing at providence...also affordable..

Old 05-23-2007, 08:50 PM

Default oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankaty View Post
misslisa...okay maybe saying no price cap was a bit generous...3000 just a bit out of my price rage...i would buy a house first!

That came across sounding all wrong...i sounded ungrateful at the suggestion...sorry misslisa...i apologize!

for the time being let's say that the price cap is 1000-1500/ month though would LOVE to stay under $1000

also, any of the suburbs would be okay!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:44 PM

113 posts, read 457,544 times
the absolute cheapast place that I ever rented was Willow Ridge, $475 month for 1bdr. Was all right as i remember it. But what did i care, I was on the third floor, almost never home. There were pools and tennis courts I remember I never used. The latino people lived there by far too many in apartments like mine that are supposed to be for one person. Coming home I often saw my latino neighbors sitting in the staircase and having a party that I had to go through to get to my place. It was OK with me, but i think some people might not like it.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 PM

297 posts, read 1,141,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wades View Post
the absolute cheapast place that I ever rented was Willow Ridge, $475 month for 1bdr. Was all right as i remember it. But what did i care, I was on the third floor, almost never home. There were pools and tennis courts I remember I never used. The latino people lived there by far too many in apartments like mine that are supposed to be for one person. Coming home I often saw my latino neighbors sitting in the staircase and having a party that I had to go through to get to my place. It was OK with me, but i think some people might not like it.
This is a problem all over Charlotte and many single family homes have also become homes for large groups of illegals. Recently I saw an article about Charlotte discussing cracking down on these homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: