U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2007, 07:52 AM

291 posts, read 1,041,773 times

Advertisements

Would someone or several someones weigh in on typical rush hour commute times to and from Uptown from the following suburbs:

Huntersville, Concord, Mint Hill, Matthews, Belmont, Mount Holly... (any others I didn't list are welcome)

Thanks!

Last edited by LHBR702; 05-25-2007 at 08:07 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 08:08 AM

509 posts, read 1,678,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHBR702 View Post
Would someone or several someones weigh in on their experience with rush hour commute times to and from Uptown from the following suburbs:

Huntersville, Concord, Mint Hill, Matthews, Belmont, Mount Holly... (any others I didn't list are welcome)

Thanks!
From Huntersville at exit 23, it takes me between 25 and 35 minutes from standing in my kitchen to sitting at my desk, with the exception of Friday afternoons, when no one can drive, and then it takes me longer unless I jump off onto back roads (and yes, there ARE backroads between Huntersville and Uptown!).

GT

Last edited by GirlTravels; 05-25-2007 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: add more

Old 05-25-2007, 09:57 AM

Anyone else willing to add to this?

Old 05-25-2007, 12:16 PM

50 posts, read 203,840 times
I would agree with the above. You could really narrow it down to 25ish in the mornings if you leave home between 630 and 7.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:11 PM

3,521 posts, read 2,434,085 times
Quote:
Would someone or several someones weigh in on typical rush hour commute times to and from Uptown from the following suburbs:

Thanks!
It depends on what time you leave, how you go and where you go. Commute times from Wesley Chapel to I-77 exit 6 at 6:15 AM is about 30 to 35 minutes, about 10 more minutes to the airport. At 6:45 add about 10 minutes to get to exit 6. After that, it takes longer. I-485 backs up from exit 57 to exit 65 and I-77 backs up from the 485 interchange on up after about 7 AM. Still not to bad for me coming from LI-NYC.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:31 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,557,277 times
Quote:

Thanks!
I could be wrong...but I think folks are a little hesitant to respond to your thread/post due to the fact that this topic has been covered many, many times before...as you can see from the link below:

Using the Search feature I entered "Commute Times" for Post and Thread and rec'd the following under Charlotte

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=1042420

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=1042402

Old 05-26-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
I could be wrong...but I think folks are a little hesitant to respond to your thread/post due to the fact that this topic has been covered many, many times before...as you can see from the link below:

Using the Search feature I entered "Commute Times" for Post and Thread and rec'd the following under Charlotte

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=1042420

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=1042402
I could not access either of those threads. The links are inactive. Each time I start a new post, I do try to see if it's been said and done before. Also, I thought it would be helpful if we could list the different times for several areas so that it would eliminate searching separately for commute times to/from the many areas in Charlotte. If no one wants to respond, oh well. I'll just keep on reading...

Last edited by LHBR702; 05-26-2007 at 01:59 PM..

Old 05-26-2007, 01:05 PM

1,418 posts, read 6,511,623 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Belmont and Mt. Holly would be the best commutes of the listed towns.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:45 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,557,277 times
Quote:
I could not access either of those threads. The links are inactive. Each time I start a new post, I do try to see if it's been said and done before. Also, I thought it would be helpful if we could list the different times for several areas so that it would eliminate searching separately for commute times to/from the many areas in Charlotte. If no one wants to respond, oh well. I'll just keep on reading...
Your right...I am not sure why these links are not working now (they were find last night when I posted them??). I did go ahead and use the search screen once again...inputting the same information as I did before...and sure enough it was all there (but...it's just a different link now)?

Old 05-26-2007, 06:38 PM

928 posts, read 3,605,029 times
Mount Holly has alot of 1 lane roads leading up to the I85 entrances, which can add time to your commute, same with belmont. I know people take 74 to uptown but there's too many lights for my preference.

My commute from about this area to University is between 45-60 minutes each way, Mount Holly and Belmont to Uptown is anyones guess. The other thing to consider is when there are sporting events uptown, traffic is terrible beginning at rush hour, both ways in and out of uptown. I'm sure this didn't answer your question in anyway, but when planning the commute consider local roads plus interstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte