Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

I'm real curious how much of Charlotte is identifiable in her show? Guess I'll have to break down and watch it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 07:17 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,206,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Guess you are not one of the bizillions of people familiar with wildly successful tv show, "American Idol"?
I've of course heard of the show, but I could never stomach it more than a few minutes so I never paid attention to it. Thanks for letting me know who this party might be.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:56 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
I'm real curious how much of Charlotte is identifiable in her show? Guess I'll have to break down and watch it!
The opening scenes have shots of the skyline and I've recognized a few of the places she's patronized in the few episodes that have aired.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:46 AM

286 posts, read 946,122 times
Quote:
Anybody watching former Americal Idol Fantasia Borino's new reality show on VHI, which was filmed here in Charlotte?

Fantasia is rebuilding her post-'American Idol' life - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/167/story/1173133.html?storylink=kibboko - broken link)
From Rags to riches, one of our own, who wouldnt be proud, she is amazing.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:50 AM

569 posts, read 1,409,073 times
Umm yeah,

We Charlotte and NC natives are just so proud of her. I remember back when her Idol season was over they did a news story on her. The story focused on an ignorant girl from NC that could not read. Great...just what we needed. Thanks Fantasia for all that you have done for the image of people from NC. Oh and what a big shocker it was when we found out she did not know how to manage money.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:59 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
Umm yeah,

We Charlotte and NC natives are just so proud of her. I remember back when her Idol season was over they did a news story on her. The story focused on an ignorant girl from NC that could not read. Great...just what we needed. Thanks Fantasia for all that you have done for the image of people from NC. Oh and what a big shocker it was when we found out she did not know how to manage money.

Are you serious?
There are those who have given this area a much worse rap than Fantasia.
She did just fine. She can't be all that ignorant to do what she did on AI.

She had advisors, management etc...that made very poor choices on her behalf.

I am a native and am proud of her. Most people in her shoes wouldn't have worked to better themselves or get an education they would just go with status quo.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
Umm yeah,

Gee, get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning???

I AM really proud of this kid.

She came from a poor, welfare home but was brought up in church and learned what a gift for singing she had there. She has had much to overcome, including being a high school dropout because she had a baby as a teen, but she is doing it. Your comments are just rude and uncalled for.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:59 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,891,731 times
This story is just one example why I would recommend that consumer/business math be put back in the NC high school curriculum. She's not the only one who could benefit. I am happy for her that she has a singing voice that some people like. I certainly hope she pursues her GED. If people have made poor decisions for her or have taken advantage of her in the past, I hope she won't continue to allow that to happen. There is more than one way to get an education. Hopefully she is learning to make better decisions and has learned/is learning from her mistakes. We all make mistakes. I thought CMS had a special school for teenagers with children.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:31 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times
Quote:
I'm watching this show. The shots I've seen of Charlotte look very recognizable and overall I think they've made the city look pretty nice. However, I noticed some of the places they've been too are not places in Charlotte. Like the episode that came on today (later tonight too), they went to Furniture Land South and Gullah resturant, both places in High Point which is where she's originally from. But they never reference they're in high point and nobody makes mention of them not being in Charlotte.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
I'm watching this show. The shots I've seen of Charlotte look very recognizable and overall I think they've made the city look pretty nice. However, I noticed some of the places they've been too are not places in Charlotte. Like the episode that came on today (later tonight too), they went to Furniture Land South and Gullah resturant, both places in High Point which is where she's originally from. But they never reference they're in high point and nobody makes mention of them not being in Charlotte.
Thanks - I'm going to try to catch it this week to see for myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: