Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 PM

5 posts, read 10,011 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving to Charlotte next month, late, and I am trying to finalize my decision on where to move, but I my biggest issue is safety. I realize there are indecent parts in every area, but I am trying to stay away from that. I will be living with my girlfriend, as well as her cousin, so I need a 2 bedroom apartment. They do not want to deal with huge safety issues, as neither do I. I was looking into the Links at Citiside, in south charlotte.

They will be going to school, as will I, at UNCC, help is greatly appreciated, and thank you for input.

bwh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 07:59 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,201,429 times
well, for someone in your, position, I'd recommend, maybe, posting some, you know, parameters. How much do you, and your roommates, who will be attending UNCC, want to spend? Will you, or your girlfriend, or your girlfriends cousin, be ok with a long commute, to UNCC?

You may, want to try, the search function too, there are a lot, of great threads about, this.

Good, luck!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:02 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhill View Post
Hi, I am moving to Charlotte next month, late, and I am trying to finalize my decision on where to move, but I my biggest issue is safety. I realize there are indecent parts in every area, but I am trying to stay away from that. I will be living with my girlfriend, as well as her cousin, so I need a 2 bedroom apartment. They do not want to deal with huge safety issues, as neither do I. I was looking into the Links at Citiside, in south charlotte.

They will be going to school, as will I, at UNCC, help is greatly appreciated, and thank you for input.

bwh
I'll send you a link to a place

Old 01-26-2010, 08:29 PM

Thank you Mountains!

I have a SUV, so where-as my gas mileage is about the 16 range in city, I don't want to live but about 10-15 minutes away because I have to work until the fall. Her and her cousin go to Johnson and Wales Charlotte, if that helps.

Thank you

Old 01-26-2010, 08:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhill View Post
Thank you Mountains!

I have a SUV, so where-as my gas mileage is about the 16 range in city, I don't want to live but about 10-15 minutes away because I have to work until the fall. Her and her cousin go to Johnson and Wales Charlotte, if that helps.

Thank you
Your gf and her cousin would have a longer commute from the location I gave you, but perhaps they could take a bus to save money on gas? Our buses here are nice, and they would be safe, especially together

Old 01-27-2010, 08:58 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,468,485 times
There are MANY apartment options within the 10-15 minute range of UNCC. My recommendation would be to head north/west on WT Harris Blvd to look. Get past Mallard Creek Rd. (after crossing over I-85) and the "college crowd" type apartments go away and they become more "professional" and "fmaily" crowd places. Average rent I've seen in that area is about $800-$1000 per month for a three bedroom, depending on amenities. For two bedroom units, expect $600-$800.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 AM

152 posts, read 308,459 times
Hey! congrats on your move! My bf and I moved from NYC to Matthews about a week ago and it seems overwhelming... We chose Matthews because it was close enough to the city yet quiet...we are in our late twenties so we wanted something safe but not like an old folks home...I will send you a link to our complex...btw there's a bus stop 100ft from our door that goes to downtown...Good luck you will find a lot of great advice here I did

Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 PM

Thank you everyone for your help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: