Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 07:08 AM

297 posts, read 1,141,479 times

Advertisements

So I had several business clients in town over the past two weeks. They want marketing studies done for the area and toured a few areas that met their numbers for traffic and so forth. After touring the sites they remarked about huge number of vacant commercial buildings and how the residential development entrance signs. I had to laugh, I see the signs all the time and yes they stickout and have gotten much bigger since I moved here. When I drove them past the Palasade's wall on the way to my house for dinner one of the women in the group made several cooments and really got me to wondering. It seems as of late many of these signs are increasing in size even on completed developments. Do you guys notice these signs/ brick entrances/ walls /gardens and do they really add to the development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 AM

525 posts, read 1,804,595 times
If you're taling about when you go into an entrance and it is landscaped and bricked out with the name of the area on it..yes I like them. Ours is done and kept up really nicely and it really does add to it.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:12 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
Yes, and they completely add to the development. It's like everything else in marketing: trying to set the tone of the neighborhood. Take pride in the entrance and the common areas, and homeowners will follow suit. Marketing 101.

On a side note, are your stories real, Duke? Or are you just starting conversation with us (which is fine)? Because I don't know anyone boring enough to visit me and talk about neighborhood signs.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:13 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE1989 View Post
So I had several business clients in town over the past two weeks. They want marketing studies done for the area and toured a few areas that met their numbers for traffic and so forth. After touring the sites they remarked about huge number of vacant commercial buildings and how the residential development entrance signs. I had to laugh, I see the signs all the time and yes they stickout and have gotten much bigger since I moved here. When I drove them past the Palasade's wall on the way to my house for dinner one of the women in the group made several cooments and really got me to wondering. It seems as of late many of these signs are increasing in size even on completed developments. Do you guys notice these signs/ brick entrances/ walls /gardens and do they really add to the development.

I think they add to the development. I'm disappointed in the MI Centennail subdivision entrance. It seems the developer was too greedy to make a nice entryway, instead they built a house on top of the street when they could have built a nice wall or something of interest there. That house couldn't be any closer than in the street itself.

Centennial is suppose to stretch over to Ramah Church rd across from Northstone maybe they will make a decent entrance on that side instead of another house in the street.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:55 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I think they add to the development. I'm disappointed in the MI Centennail subdivision entrance. It seems the developer was too greedy to make a nice entryway, instead they built a house on top of the street when they could have built a nice wall or something of interest there. That house couldn't be any closer than in the street itself.

Centennial is suppose to stretch over to Ramah Church rd across from Northstone maybe they will make a decent entrance on that side instead of another house in the street.
we have alot of entances to my development and the colums signs and landscaping are BEAUTIFUL that is the one thing dh and I loved about the area..they only have them here in very expensive developments...we have one in mine but its a joke u cant even see the name of it..LOL...

Old 05-28-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post

I worry what all that traffic will do to that area. Those roads are so curvy and narrow....I fear back-ups and accidents!

Old 05-28-2007, 05:45 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
I worry what all that traffic will do to that area. Those roads are so curvy and narrow....I fear back-ups and accidents!

I know! Have you seen that entrance to Centennial? That poor person is so close to the street, if a car runs off the road it will end up God forbid in his livingroom. That is just not right. I bet they practically gave that lot away.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:47 PM

Certainly scary. My friends moved from Birkdale to Northstone and those roads around there are scary. I tell you, we should start a pool and bet on how long it is until someone plows into that house...I'm with you on that!!

Old 05-28-2007, 05:55 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,655 times
I'm with you on that Palisades entrance sign. It's really something.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:04 PM

297 posts, read 1,141,479 times
The conversation came up when some asked wheter the Palisades sign was for the church directly behind the sign. When I told them it was for a development they could not believe how over done it was. The group was from the northeast all have very nice homes in some in developments and orther on large lots. They pointed out how few of the developments in their area have entrance way signs. They also wondered about the berms. I think they thought some were nice but that many were over done and probably cost the builder more then it was worth in advertising. I don't know just went along with the converstation and worder how much the builder have to pay for these. I do find some very ugly and really doubt they do much for the neighborhood as far as setting the first impression. I think the first several house take of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte