Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 10:56 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,913,250 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it is pretty cool that their restaurant does not even have a freezer....all fresh as LM said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 12:51 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,717,131 times
131 Main it is! Thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions. We'll try them all! (Eventually)

Old 09-05-2007, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Has anyone had dinner at the Oceanaire? How was it? What about 131 Main? If anyone has tried both, which do you prefer? I need some suggestions for nice restaurants.
Thanks.
131-Main is far superior, it appears that they will be the next Houston's in the United States.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:42 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,910,413 times
Default Carpe Diem is wonderful

When I answered the other post about good restaurants, I forgot all about Carpe Diem which is one of my all time favorites. BUT I don't think that either Blue, which was one of my other suggestions, or Carpe Diem are really kid friendly. Unless, of course, you have a three-year-old who acts like a forty year old. Maybe Mickey and Mooch would be better - the food is good there.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 4,249 times
Default 131 main

131Main Blakeney is not child friendly. They do not offer changing stations (instead they have televisions in the restrooms showing food preparation, a disconcerting combination!); they do not offer children's menus; they treat families as an intrusion. The last time (and I mean that definitively) that we visited, the wait staff had left the little metal rings from their pens on our tables, which was not only indicative of poor hygiene, it was a choking hazard for my small children. I do not recommend it at all. We eat out a lot, and this is the only restaurant, other than buffets on principle, that I refuse to patronize.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:52 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,424,271 times
Not child friendly would be a great incentive for me to go.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:06 PM

206 posts, read 799,012 times
We went to 131 Main with our daughter and didn't have any issues. They do have children's menu items you just have to ask. If you have been to Houstons before you will know exactly what to expect from 131 Main. A lot of the menu items are the same and the owners used to work for Houstons...which you can totally tell.

The food and atmosphere are nice and the prices are pretty fair.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:27 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,894,135 times
Went to dinner at 131 Main on Friday, Dec. 21, ordered martinis for each of us. I left mine on the table and told our server we'd be out on the patio for a break waiting for dinner. Took my coat and purse with me as it was a cold night. Returned to the table which was cleared and re-set. As we approached the table, hostess told us that the table was reset, so I said, I realize that, and where's my drink? Our entrees were right behind us. No apologies from the hostess..some apologies from our server, but no break on the bill. At least they replaced my martini.

Food was good, but that's all. I prefer Mickey & Mooch at the Arboretum anytime, hands down...food's good, service is consistently excellent! I won't return to 131 Main.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:38 PM

4 posts, read 28,276 times
131 Main in my opinion is awesome. Their cole slaw is the best I've ever eaten and I don't even like cole slaw, but theirs is really the best--it has peanut butter as the secret ingredient--so sorry for anyone with peanut allergies.
Soiree in Mooresville is also a very good restaurant with a great ambiance.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:46 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,454 times
We've enjoyed Mickey & Mooch (Arboretum) several times but have had some..."inconsistant" service recently. In particular with items ordered and not served (forgotten we think), poor wine service (more than once!) and food deliverd lukewarm (also more than once!). Mangement rectified everything to our satisfaction.

We have been to 131 Main Blakeney once. For a first visit we were impressed. The food, wine list and service were excellent.

We enjoy The Pewter Rose often and recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte