Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:16 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,382 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had dinner at the Oceanaire? How was it? What about 131 Main? If anyone has tried both, which do you prefer? I need some suggestions for nice restaurants.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 01:17 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,594 times
We ate at 131 Main in Cornleius. Nothing to special IMO. Food was good. That's all just good.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:18 PM

107 posts, read 121,150 times
I've heard somewhat unflattering things about Oceanaire (which disappoints me because my office is right there!)

My favorite place is Carpe Diem on Elizabeth Avenue.

Honestly its fabulous you cannot go wrong. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Lester

Old 05-29-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
We ate at 131 Main in Cornleius. Nothing to special IMO. Food was good. That's all just good.
What is your favorite (nice) restaurant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester1970 View Post
I've heard somewhat unflattering things about Oceanaire (which disappoints me because my office is right there!)

My favorite place is Carpe Diem on Elizabeth Avenue.

Honestly its fabulous you cannot go wrong. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Lester
Sounds good, will do.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Old 05-29-2007, 01:23 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
We like Manzetti's in South Park. Not the place for a quiet romantic dinner, but the food is good, and I think prices are reasonable.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:27 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
What is your favorite (nice) restaurant?

Thanks!
I am not sure anymore. I can pay $100-$150 for the wife and I to eat with a glass of wine and be completely disappointed with the food or I can go to somewhere like Outback and have a great meal.... It really depends on who is in the kitchen.
Mickey and Mooch has never failed me though

Old 05-29-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
We like Manzetti's in South Park. Not the place for a quiet romantic dinner, but the food is good, and I think prices are reasonable.
Thanks, s.c&u. I need to find a place to bring out of town guests to, for a very special celebration. And you know, my children will be in tow....you've met my children, so take that for what it's worth.
Hope all is well with you, BTW.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:35 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
I'm with Charlotte Agent: Mickey and Mooch will NEVER fail. Totally consistant. I have probably eaten there 50 times and the one time my steak was overdone, there were three people at the table apologizing and rectifying the situation. Amazing service.

I also love Blue, Manzettis (as the PP said), and Maggianos.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
I am not sure anymore. I can pay $100-$150 for the wife and I to eat with a glass of wine and be completely disappointed with the food or I can go to somewhere like Outback and have a great meal.... It really depends on who is in the kitchen.
Mickey and Mooch has never failed me though
There are two Mickey and Mooch locations, am I right? You obviously went to the on Lake Norman? I wonder if there's any difference between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
I'm with Charlotte Agent: Mickey and Mooch will NEVER fail. Totally consistant. I have probably eaten there 50 times and the one time my steak was overdone, there were three people at the table apologizing and rectifying the situation. Amazing service.

I also love Blue, Manzettis (as the PP said), and Maggianos.
OMG! My mouth is watering after visiting the website for Maggiano's. The only issue is that my guests visit Little Italy (in NYC) at least once a month, so I'm not sure I would want to take them to an Italian restaurant here in Charlotte. But I will definitely go myself sometime. Thanks for the suggestion.
Blue isn't kid friendly, is it? Although my children are very well behaved in nice restaurants.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:58 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
Well, if your kids are well behaved I don't think it will be an issue. I was at Tru in Chicago, the last place on earth one would expect to see kids, yet there were two lovely kids at the table next to me.

Have you checked out the website for Bentley's?
Welcome to Bentley's on 27 - A Visionary Dining Experience

I also like Pewter Rose for brunch.

Lastly, the Mickey and Mooch at the Arboretum has a bit larger menu, but I believe the level of service and quality is the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte