Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 09:34 AM

201 posts, read 804,123 times

Advertisements

I have a meetup group that I've put together here in Charlotte and need some ideas for places to get together. It's a small-ish group and we'll be getting together for some conversation. I had a perfect coffee shop location, and then it closed, so I'm trying to come up with something else.

I'm looking for a coffee shop or restaurant type of atmosphere, but something a bit intimate. It needs to be able to accomodate 2 or 12 people, because it can be hard to tell how many will actually show up each time. There are plenty of Starbucks in the area, but the ones that I am familar with are pretty small and don't really have the cozy setting that I'm looking for.

As far as the area, I'm really pretty open. Members of the group are from all over the Charlotte region, so there aren't too many limits on this one. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 09:54 AM

445 posts, read 1,166,622 times
Jackson's Java in the University area has a little area in the back with upholstered furniture that might work for your group. There are outside tables, too for when the weather is warmer.

The Common House restaurant in Plaza Midwood is a nice setting. I belong to an organization that meets there occasionally.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 PM

701 posts, read 1,428,868 times
Lots of groups seem to meet up at the cafe in Borders at Stonecrest. It's big enough to accommodate your group with comfortable chairs. Plus, you get to go book browsing after the meeting.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:09 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Panera Bread (the one at Concord Mills even has a separate room that you can reserve...for free).

Old 03-02-2010, 11:06 AM

156 posts, read 407,792 times
The Original New York Bagels in Mooresville just added a new room that is available for groups to use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte