Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2007, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,585 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am planning to relocate to Charlotte North Carolina in 08', I will be in Charlotte from 8/12/ 07 - 8/19/07. While I am there I hope to get a chance to look at some properties. I was told that pineville, matthews, mallot creek, ballentyne are very good areas. I anytime tell me if there are hurricanes, tornadoes, in those areas and charlotte area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 07:08 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,908,289 times
Also check out Concord/Harrisburg (NE of Charlotte), Belmont/Mt. Holly (west), and Ft. Mill/Lake Wylie (SW).

Tornados are rare, but can happen. When they do, they're relatively weak.
We're far enough inland that hurricanes are not an issue, other than some rain. The only time ever there was a hurricane event here was 1989 (Hurricane Hugo). But that was one of those once-in-a-liftime things.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monee View Post
Hi, I am planning to relocate to Charlotte North Carolina in 08', I will be in Charlotte from 8/12/ 07 - 8/19/07. While I am there I hope to get a chance to look at some properties. I was told that pineville, matthews, mallot creek, ballentyne are very good areas. I anytime tell me if there are hurricanes, tornadoes, in those areas and charlotte area.
Just realize, you are going to be visiting at THE hottest time of the whole year, but don't let that discourage you! What price range are you looking in? You will get more suggestions from folks about where to look specifically if you tell us that

Old 06-02-2007, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,585 times
i'm looking in the price range of 100.000

Old 06-02-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Okay, in that price range you will need to consider looking at condo's. There are not too many homes in that range that you would want to buy in Charlotte I'm afraid. And in the places you mentioned you would not find many things at all, certainly not in Ballantyne. Pineville would be your best bet of the areas you mentioned.

It is possible to get homes in that range if you go much further away from Charlotte into some other counties. For instance, in Union county look at places like Wingate and Marshville - but those would be long commutes to Charlotte. You will need a really good realtor to give you your best chance of finding something in a good area. There are several on this site you could pm for some help. Good luck!

Old 06-02-2007, 11:42 PM

30 posts, read 138,819 times
Default Huh???

Quote:
Yikes.... I don't even think you could find a condo built in the last 40 years for that price range. Not in any decent area anyway. I agree with the fact that you'll have to live way out from Charlotte if you stick to that price. Or... you'll have to put a lot more money into a fixer upper you might get at that price. THat's now... by August it can be worse.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraZ View Post
Yikes.... I don't even think you could find a condo built in the last 40 years for that price range. Not in any decent area anyway. I agree with the fact that you'll have to live way out from Charlotte if you stick to that price. Or... you'll have to put a lot more money into a fixer upper you might get at that price. THat's now... by August it can be worse.
There actually are still a few condos around under 100,000 in some areas that aren't TOO bad. Though I myself probably wouldn't live there people obviously do. Going outside of Charlotte city limits will increase the odds of finding something.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:59 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,900 times
Red face $155k

I know there was a townhouse here in Rosedale (Huntersville) asking $155k. It was rather new, built by Eastwood Homes, but a resale. Now that Eastwood is done, I doubt you will find a t/h for $155k in here...

I do know that my husband's grandparents bought a double-wide trailer on 2.2 acres of land in Gaffney, SC for around $85k this spring. Gaffney isn't too far from Charlotte (45 min. to an hour probably in good traffic) but the commute wouldn't be the best...

Old 06-03-2007, 08:21 PM

67 posts, read 301,244 times
There are condos on UT for around 78k. They are decently new, around 25 min from uptown and have good rent potentials to students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte