Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 05:22 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,036,475 times

Advertisements

That is how I feel.

we are building the Chesapeake but it effects any model where you have bay bump out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 05:24 PM

928 posts, read 3,853,018 times
Stand your ground. The last thing they will want to do is lose a sale.

I think it's standard for people to pass the buck, I hear about it all the time.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:35 PM

295 posts, read 1,062,129 times
WOw! THat sucks..
Go down there
and talk to the studio director, Darrell Childers, he should at least make you feel better.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Darren

I mean Darrell...
Yeah I talked with him before and he ended up firing our sales girl that we had at the studio! Long story! Anyways, he gave us to Tammy (who is right below him) and I think she really dropped the ball on this one.

I should hear tomorrow if the fan will fit if not he is on my list to call again.

The e-maisl we have going back and forth now with the buidler and Tammy are just crazy. They are basically blaming each other and then telling me that it isn't KB's fault! She actually said "We don't have the plans of the homes here in the studio!".

What? How the heck can you make recommendations then on people's options if you don't have any plans. That really made me feel great about building and living in a home by them. Basically that means they just guess and hope for the best!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:14 PM

182 posts, read 825,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
That is how I feel.

we are building the Chesapeake but it effects any model where you have bay bump out.
Do you mind if I ask what developement? And is it single or two story?
When I got home, I looked at the bay window I have in my current house andnever occured to me that it's ceiling is lower! I'm thinking maybe because there has to be an actual"box" for the window to fit in, and if they didn't lower the ceiling that maybe the window would be too heavy?
All you engineers and contractors out there, help us understand!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
I mean Darrell...
Yeah I talked with him before and he ended up firing our sales girl that we had at the studio! Long story! Anyways, he gave us to Tammy (who is right below him) and I think she really dropped the ball on this one.

I should hear tomorrow if the fan will fit if not he is on my list to call again.

The e-maisl we have going back and forth now with the buidler and Tammy are just crazy. They are basically blaming each other and then telling me that it isn't KB's fault! She actually said "We don't have the plans of the homes here in the studio!".

What? How the heck can you make recommendations then on people's options if you don't have any plans. That really made me feel great about building and living in a home by them. Basically that means they just guess and hope for the best!
Tell Darrell, you want to talk to his boss and not Tammy. He will S### his pants.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:09 PM

MJ32POST wrote,
"Yeah the tech guys are totally sales guys."
"Shannon is great!"

Talk to Shannon she might help. lol just kiddin

Old 06-04-2007, 09:59 PM

95 posts, read 385,900 times
While your at it you might as well check the "set back" deed restrictions. Set back would be from newly added Bay Window and not from foundation.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:11 PM

Default kb

Well so they measured the fan today and it does fit thank goodness! I did let everyone know at the studio that I do think it is wrong not to mention to people that certain parts of their house will be 8 ft. not 9 ft.

I just can not believe how they handled it though..They all ran away and everyone is scared to talk to me or my realtor on the phone. What happened to being decent?

So final walk through is in two weeks my husband is flying down now to make sure everything else is okay. We settle June 27th. I can not wait for this all to be finished!

oh for the poster that asked it is two story and we are building in St. John;s.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:37 PM

673 posts, read 2,681,442 times
I was going to make a joke about the S*!# hitting the fan, but I thought maybe you wouldn't think that was funny.... I am glad you got your problem resolved. I was in St. John's Forest today looking for my mom who is visiting me. I was very surprised at how affordable the homes were. They have a Monroe address, but the sales rep told me it was really in Wesley Chapel. Is that true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte