Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 09:16 PM

11 posts, read 28,472 times

Advertisements

Hi, we're re-locating to the Weddington/Marvin area from California and where I live there is heat but not humidity, so I'm slightly terrified of all the horror stories that people are telling me about the humidity out there because I'm allergic to mosquito and bug bites. I usually get a big red welt wherever I've been bitten that is oh so attractive.......SO, how bad are the bugs in the summertime? Am I going to have to lather myself up in repellent everyday just to step outside? HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,569,264 times
Recent studies have shown that the highest concentration of large bugs and mosquitoes in the world are in Weddington/Marvin.

OK - just kidding. I also get those huge welts when I get bit so I feel for you. I can't compare it to California but I will tell you - we have lots of mosquitoes. You will likely have to stock up on bug repellant. Humidity is also pretty bad in the summer but I was born here so I am pretty used to it.

Last edited by Charlotteborn; 03-24-2010 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-24-2010, 10:16 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,134,585 times
There are mosquitoes here, but really you only need to worry about them at night or if you are going into the woods. They aren't going to attack you on your deck every single time you are outside. It does get quite humid during the summer though. I think that's more bothersome than the mosquitoes!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:54 AM

161 posts, read 305,295 times
I have never had a problem with mosquitoes here!! The funny thing is I grew up in Maine so believe me I know mosquitoes. For years I didn't even see one...than one day I saw a truck called "Mosquitoe Be Gone" leave my neighbors driveway. So I am assuming that is why we never have them in yard! LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: