Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 PM

152 posts, read 308,329 times

Advertisements

Hey guys!!!With the economy being the way it is we could all use some help.I feel guilty spending the way I do when others can't feed their kids or themselves. My fiance found this group that is called Angel food Ministries that shops for you and you pick up your meats and produce sides and desserts at a host location...I thought it was for low income families but upon further research I found out it is for everyone! I hope this helps I will post the link so you all can take a look for yourselves and I really hope this helps you guys...I never did it but I placed an April order to see how it isHope this helps ! Plus with every order a dollar goes to the host church! https://www.angelfoodministries.com/

Last edited by giaa81; 03-25-2010 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: posted link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,361,958 times
This sounds good. I just put it on facebook and may even try it myself. I will share it at work and maybe get the word out to parents. Thanks for sharing

Old 03-25-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giaa81 View Post
Hey guys!!!With the economy being the way it is we could all use some help.I feel guilty spending the way I do when others can't feed their kids or themselves. My fiance found this group that is called Angel food Ministries that shops for you and you pick up your meats and produce sides and desserts at a host location...I thought it was for low income families but upon further research I found out it is for everyone! I hope this helps I will post the link so you all can take a look for yourselves and I really hope this helps you guys...I never did it but I placed an April order to see how it isHope this helps ! Plus with every order a dollar goes to the host church! https://www.angelfoodministries.com/

Update us on how it goes.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:37 PM

I just posted this on facebook and a friend of mine told me that her church is one of the sites (in Alabama) and it works well for large families. I am getting excited about this. The only thing that I don't like is the processed food, although not a large component of the meal. I will keep checking the menu to see what I like best. This is what she posted

"EACH MONTH MY CHURCH DO THE ANGEL FOOD...! IT'S PART OF THE CHRUCH PROGRAM!! IT'S A DEAL FOR LARGE FAMILIES!!!THE PRICES ARE REASONABLE..EBT CARDS CAN BE USE , ALSO TO PURCHASE A BOX!!!~}}

Old 03-25-2010, 07:24 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Understand, I'm not knocking it....but I can beat the price and donate more using coupons and sales. I can give $1 to the food pantry or I can give a couple bags of groceries. Guess which one they'd rather have??

It's still a good thing to do. Can you order boxes to donate as well? I think some places do that, not sure if it's everywhere.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 PM

152 posts, read 308,329 times
I hear ya! I used to pay 3xs more than what I pay now for everything since the cost of living is so much cheaper compared to NY,so either way it doesn't effect me but I know a lot of people are struggeling so I figired it could help someone.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:32 PM

595 posts, read 1,622,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaa81 View Post
I hear ya! I used to pay 3xs more than what I pay now for everything since the cost of living is so much cheaper compared to NY,so either way it doesn't effect me but I know a lot of people are struggling so I figured it could help someone.

Doesn't help much if you are a vegetarian. All the food boxes are very meat oriented. But thanks anyways.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:46 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
I have bought these. The food is mostly great. The prepared meals, not so much. But, the steaks are awesome; very tender & flavorful.

Dip, I think that they have veggie-only boxes as well.

Great prices and good value.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:16 PM

595 posts, read 1,622,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Dip, I think that they have veggie-only boxes as well.
Yea, I saw that, but it is mostly fruit. The onions, cabbage, and potatoes are good, but that's not enough to really make more than two meals.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:03 AM

1,116 posts, read 2,963,609 times
I'd have to say the quality of much of the food is lacking. Even without couponing, I get better deals from weekly grocery sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte