Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:53 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times

Advertisements

I must add to this thread, since someone thinks im a liar, yes we did have a nice house and fancy cars HOWEVER dh lost his job.and all those things went bye bye, as well as his health .SO for the poster who likes to call me a liar get your facts straight...neg feedback is reg a topic not someone who you THINK is lying...sorry guys just had to put it out there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 07:08 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
Hey Lincoln as my dh says " we did it to simplify our life" and honestly its an awesome change...WE always had big houses and drove mercedes however I would rather spend my money on other things.. and still have a beautiful house and have cash than just to pay the bills...and I love my nissan murano.. But You are so right!!!

Can I have your old Mercedes if your done with it

Old 06-07-2007, 08:12 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times
lol.. as a matter of fact, my BEST friend is on this board who had seen my cars, as well as my homes.. Sheena my friend they were leased ..lol....dh drives a honda accord and I drive a Nissan Murano..HAHAHAHAHA...The mercedes are over rated, now just get me the BMW 7 Series now your talkin...

Old 06-07-2007, 08:20 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,825 times
Quote:
lol.. as a matter of fact, my BEST friend is on this board who had seen my cars, as well as my homes.. Sheena my friend they were leased ..lol....dh drives a honda accord and I drive a Nissan Murano..HAHAHAHAHA...The mercedes are over rated, now just get me the BMW 7 Series now your talkin...
I'd take a BMW also, I'm not picky

Old 06-07-2007, 09:23 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,021,674 times
I am not fussy I would take a hyundai.

(I do not have a car)

Old 06-07-2007, 11:00 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,798 times
Quote:
I honestly would not worry if someone on the internet calls you a liar for the vehicle you owned or the house you had. No need to explain. You know what you have/had and thats all that matters....

Old 06-08-2007, 12:37 AM

73 posts, read 437,724 times
Default Honestly

Homes can be somewhat overated. I have a great home but hate the area where I live. I am grateful for a home but I will take a plain backyard in Ft Mill or Charlotte over a lake in Pa. My home has all the bells and whistles and the area is professional. However, its much cheaper for homes here than in similar areas in NJ.

To the person who downsized based on the Husband, I UNDERSTAND. It gets bad when you work just to pay bills lolol. I mean how much can do people do with a 5-6000 sf home? Why not come down to 3600 - 4000 if you need some room. Why not drive a Saturn. have you folks seen the new ones? All I want to do is get to your area in a nice home, drive a decent car, work on my business from a home office, and go to ACC, A10, SC and CIAA basketball and football games. Thats the life for me LOLOL. Hopefully soon!!!

Old 07-04-2011, 02:23 PM

240 posts, read 559,179 times
I know there hasn't been any activity here for a few years. However, I felt like I needed to come in here and speak my mind b/c I agree so much with the thread and I can't help it. Anyway, here goes.

It doesn't surprise me that someone would want to run out of Charlotte. It seems like every time I go to that city, it has gotten worse than the time I was previously there. When I asked around, they said it was b/c the city was growing too fast for them to keep up. The people who move in also have something to do with it. I just can not take that Charlotte. Over the past few years, there have been periods in which I haven't gone anywhere near the city in a few years. What I really can not stand about Charlotte is: A)the crowdiness and congestion and B)the people. I guess it's not for anything why Charlotte was rated one of the most miserable cities, and it's well deserved believe me. The only good thing about this city is that it's the only one where it seems to be happening, and comes close to some of the other major cites around the country/world. In general, I think I would lose it if I had to live there. On many occasions, I have debated a move to Charlotte but not anymore. All the money in the world could not get me to live there.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:47 PM

769 posts, read 2,219,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhornc View Post
I know there hasn't been any activity here for a few years. However, I felt like I needed to come in here and speak my mind b/c I agree so much with the thread and I can't help it. Anyway, here goes.

It doesn't surprise me that someone would want to run out of Charlotte. It seems like every time I go to that city, it has gotten worse than the time I was previously there. When I asked around, they said it was b/c the city was growing too fast for them to keep up. The people who move in also have something to do with it. I just can not take that Charlotte. Over the past few years, there have been periods in which I haven't gone anywhere near the city in a few years. What I really can not stand about Charlotte is: A)the crowdiness and congestion and B)the people. I guess it's not for anything why Charlotte was rated one of the most miserable cities, and it's well deserved believe me. The only good thing about this city is that it's the only one where it seems to be happening, and comes close to some of the other major cites around the country/world. In general, I think I would lose it if I had to live there. On many occasions, I have debated a move to Charlotte but not anymore. All the money in the world could not get me to live there.
I'm afraid you must not have actually read any of the posts in this thread, because no one was complaining about living in Charlotte - the thread title is "tongue-in-cheek" and even the OP was not dissing Charlotte.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:34 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,872,064 times
Fail.

In all seriousness though, you are not the first, nor will you be the last person to come in here and give a negative review on charlotte ( although it's usually people who have actually lived here). There's a city out there somewhere for you. Truth is, it's kind of refreshing to see differing opinions, it reminds us that we are a normal city.

Last edited by PeytonC; 07-04-2011 at 06:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte