Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:19 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,947,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Thanks Barking this kind of info I was seeking
Spoiler
If there is guys in Hot pants Im so there

I hope you didnt experience what I experience in Gateway Village
parking deck. We got behind someone using a turn signal every turn.
I hope you win the raffle after the year your having you deserve to win.
Thanks Sunny. The parking deck was almost scary because of all of the SUVs & long bed trucks jutting out into the the driving space. I can't really say that the fee for the deck was reasonable, it was $10 for 2.5 hours, but there was also a bridge connecting the deck to the convention center. If you decide to park there the signage to get to the convention center from the deck is pretty straightforward. There are a few sets of stairs to climb though. The convention center has vendors on the main floor selling pizza, sandwiches & coffee. On the exhibition floor there are a couple Bojangles I think. Most of the water fountains weren't putting out more than a trickle of water.

The thing to remember is that its a lot like what I call "The Heart of Darkness" Christmas craft show in Concord or any gun show. You have a huge crowd of people that stop in the middle of aisles to talk or gawk & somehow you have to find a way around them. The exhibition hall is divided into numbered rows but I didn't notice any further breakdowns. A vendor told me that they were selling a product at booth 2045. But within the rows there weren't any numbers on the booths. He should've just told me that they were near the Kimber pavilion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 12:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Thanks Sunny. The parking deck was almost scary because of all of the SUVs & long bed trucks jutting out into the the driving space. I can't really say that the fee for the deck was reasonable, it was $10 for 2.5 hours, but there was also a bridge connecting the deck to the convention center. If you decide to park there the signage to get to the convention center from the deck is pretty straightforward. There are a few sets of stairs to climb though. The convention center has vendors on the main floor selling pizza, sandwiches & coffee. On the exhibition floor there are a couple Bojangles I think. Most of the water fountains weren't putting out more than a trickle of water.

The thing to remember is that its a lot like what I call "The Heart of Darkness" Christmas craft show in Concord or any gun show. You have a huge crowd of people that stop in the middle of aisles to talk or gawk & somehow you have to find a way around them. The exhibition hall is divided into numbered rows but I didn't notice any further breakdowns. A vendor told me that they were selling a product at booth 2045. But within the rows there weren't any numbers on the booths. He should've just told me that they were near the Kimber pavilion.
sounds cool and good for the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Huh? You didn't like that someone was ACTUALLY signaling when they make a turn? Might have been me, I park there and use my signal for every turn even when I am in the parking deck.
Ok cool maybe we could start the trend. I get to drive a car for the first
time in 10 months on Tuesday Ill drive in parking deck and use my right
turn signal hehe TGIF. I need to work on my next photo project for this forum
and my facebook page.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
sounds cool and good for the city.
The NRA put together a great resource package for its members that included a map of the downtown area surrounding the convention center. The map has every building named & quite a few restaurants listed. There is also a sheet of all the hotels around the convention center, a Lynx map, sheets about the airport & driving directions to the convention center...

Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM

769 posts, read 2,219,782 times
I just came home from work Uptown, and there weren't nearly as many people as I thought there would be. I did see a lot of cops around the Convention Center - 7-8 just in front of it, and several more riding their bikes in various parts of town. I'd feel pretty safe there! The big tour buses parked along Tryon are a bit of a pain.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:03 AM

Sunny I went down to the convention center this morning too to meet up with a friend from Gastonia. The large grassy areas off Stonewall are free parking today. I again parked at the Nascar Hall of Fame parking deck. There were very few cars there at 9am, but when I left at 11am it was packed full of SUVs & long bed pickup trucks.

Definitely more of a local flavor on the convention floor. By local I mean the Southeastern United States. A lot of people from Georgia... There were also more families with the parents shepherding the youngins through the displays & telling them about different firearms. There was a line of about a thousand people patiently waiting to have books signed by Chuck Norris. Ted Nugent is also making a speech around 2pm I believe. I didn't see Sarah Palin or Glenn Beck.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Sounds cool lol @ shepherding the Alaskan is still in ya . Cool Beans. Thousand holy cow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte