Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:15 PM

8 posts, read 54,356 times

Advertisements

My dh and I have just returned from our trip to Charlotte and love it. He was there for an interview (which he got! Yeah!) .

So now we have to choose where to move. We don't want to break our lease here in Columbus, OH, so we have decided to stay with the same apt. management company in order to transfer our lease. So our choices are limited. We are really pleased with our apt. here in Columbus, OH.

We really liked two of the apts. available to us. One is on Park Rd. near S. Meck H.S. and the other is right off W.T. Harris and Crescent Ridge Dr. I think that is between W Sugar Creek Rd. and Mallard Creek Rd.

I would love to hear what everyone has to say about those two areas? I have a 4 yr old, so good schools in the area would be ideal. Please give as much details about the areas as possible.

We are hoping to make a decision soon and need as much input as we can get. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2006, 07:28 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,594 times
South Park is a good area. Only problem is that darn sewer treatment plant. The schools there should be ok. The cost of living there is higher (General Statement) than the University area.

Depending on what side of Sugar Creek would really determine it for me.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the info! (sewer treatment plant? I'll have to look into that) What side of sugar creek should I be wary of?

I read other posts you have written and I am really impressed with all the knowledge you have. Thanks for sharing with all of curious people.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:46 PM

Your Welcome. I have lived here for over a 2/3 of my life so hard not to know the area!

If you are going E on WT Harris from I-77 if you turned right onto Sugar Creek I would be a little leary. Should you take a right back towards Huntersville(Davis Lake) you will be ok.

The Sewer Treatment plant is well hidden. Its on the Corner of Fairview and Park Rd. I think.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Your Welcome. I have lived here for over a 2/3 of my life so hard not to know the area!

If you are going E on WT Harris from I-77 if you turned right onto Sugar Creek I would be a little leary. Should you take a right back towards Huntersville(Davis Lake) you will be ok.

The Sewer Treatment plant is well hidden. Its on the Corner of Fairview and Park Rd. I think.
I agree with you Charlotte Agent about the Sugar Creek area, good advice. However, don't go scaring people about the water treatment plant. It's not in that area. It is on the edge of Pineville on old 521 near Carolina Place Mall

Old 10-05-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I agree with you Charlotte Agent about the Sugar Creek area, good advice. However, don't go scaring people about the water treatment plant. It's not in that area. It is on the edge of Pineville on old 521 near Carolina Place Mall
Oh wait, I know what you are talking about!!! Sorry, there is a small sewer treatment facility near the intersection of Tyvola and Park. It doesn't seem to be much of a problem since Park Road park is the closest thing to it, and a daycare center. I've never really heard about any neighbors complaining about an oder, have you? The bigger problem is the one I referenced down in Pineville - now that one stinks!!!

Old 10-06-2006, 06:20 AM

Yep they both stink! I think the one near south park has some expensive condo's going up for around $400k. Imagine spending that money with a sewer plant for a view....

*that should say left to Davis Lake in my previous post*

Old 10-06-2006, 06:57 AM

Thanks for the replies! I believe that the apt. we are looking at in South Park is across the street from those condos. So that apt. must be really close to the plant. I didn't notice any smell, but maybe when it gets really hot I will.

Now about the other apt. It is actually right off of W.T. Harris between Sugar Creek and Mallard Creek, should we just forget about those apts.? No right or left onto Sugar Creek. I'm guessing that I should forget about those.

Boy, it's hard making a decision when you really don't know much about the area. I really appreciate all your help!

Old 10-06-2006, 07:13 AM

if it is on WT Harris itself you shoul;d be ok...

Old 10-06-2006, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookienena View Post
My dh and I have just returned from our trip to Charlotte and love it. He was there for an interview (which he got! Yeah!) .

So now we have to choose where to move. We don't want to break our lease here in Columbus, OH, so we have decided to stay with the same apt. management company in order to transfer our lease. So our choices are limited. We are really pleased with our apt. here in Columbus, OH.

We really liked two of the apts. available to us. One is on Park Rd. near S. Meck H.S. and the other is right off W.T. Harris and Crescent Ridge Dr. I think that is between W Sugar Creek Rd. and Mallard Creek Rd.

I would love to hear what everyone has to say about those two areas? I have a 4 yr old, so good schools in the area would be ideal. Please give as much details about the areas as possible.

We are hoping to make a decision soon and need as much input as we can get. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
If the apartments are near South Meck High School you would be well away from any possible odors with that treatment facility - that end of Park Rd is nice. I'm trying to picture where this place between Sugar Creek and Mallard creek is. Can you give me the apt address so I can google map it? Then I could tell you if you would want to be there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte