U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 08:53 PM

85 posts, read 249,436 times

Advertisements

So, we're going to be moving to Charlotte at teh end of August and were wondering where's a nice place to buy furniture. We will be selling a lot of our furniture on this end so we'll need to replace a lot of things. More specfiically, we'll be needing a living room set and a dining room set to get us started. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? Thanks.

Kyra
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2006, 09:08 PM

336 posts, read 454,850 times
Take a drive to Hickory Furniture Mart.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:47 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,407,446 times
NC is also home to Thomasville Furniture. I think in Oct/Nov they have a 50% off sale. Plus NC has the only 3 Thomasville outlets. As TS said check out Hickory Furniture Mart, they do have a website and it looks pretty large. They recommend wearing comfortable shoes and to bring color swatches etc w/you. Happy shopping!

Old 08-06-2006, 09:14 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,054,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linearity
So, we're going to be moving to Charlotte at teh end of August and were wondering where's a nice place to buy furniture. We will be selling a lot of our furniture on this end so we'll need to replace a lot of things. More specfiically, we'll be needing a living room set and a dining room set to get us started. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? Thanks.

Kyra

There's tons of places for furniture & you can do very well shopping around. The Hickory Furniture Mart is a big mall of furniture, all price ranges & lots to choose from. There's Rooms-to-Go...they have a website you can check out. They have a few stores & a clearance outlet in & around Charlotte. Lots to choose from there, too.

I haven't been to the following locations, but they were all reccomended to me by people I know that have shopped in them. In High Point there's Rose Furniture, Furnitureland South & Utility Craft Furniture. Also, Lexington Home Brands-Clearance Outlet in Lexington & Thomasville Furniture Outlet in Thomasville. I believe they all have websites to browse through.

I'm with you...tossed all the old furniture, only kept what was new & in good condition.

Have fun shopping!!

Rosie

Old 08-06-2006, 09:29 AM

787 posts, read 3,452,893 times
I would be more concerned with the furniture manufacturer than the store it is sold in. I personally would look for furniture from High Point, NC or things manufactured by Ethan Allen, Broyhill, Bob Timberlake, Lazy Boy, and the like. I know there are a lot of Furniture Fairs in the state but over the years I have been happier when I bought from a family based store than say Heilig Meyers when it was in business for example. I would look at the quality and the background of the manufacturer. Once you get the item, the store is just a middle man in my opinion. The manufacturer is the one you have to deal with if something goes wrong. I don't buy appliances from a furniture store either. I usually go with factory authorized dealer for them or maybe Sears or Lowes. If there is any difference in price, it is more than made up for when your glass top on your stove breaks or in our case, the oven glass broke 22 months into a 5 year warranty. Rose Brothers are around the state as well.

Old 08-06-2006, 01:24 PM

693 posts, read 2,656,216 times
I am having a hard time finding in Raleigh a decent set of furniture for a home office. no laminate, solid, etc. I've looked at most stores on Glenwood ave but no luck. Any recommendations would be great.

Old 08-06-2006, 09:54 PM

5 posts, read 61,085 times
Default furniture

Try Hendricks Furniture in Mocksville. Been in business for decades and only carry high quality. Major manufacturers and will ship anywhere. 336-998-7712. Also contact the High Point, NC Chamber of Commerce concerning the next Furniture Mart. My parents always bought their furniture from these shows.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:57 AM

1,186 posts, read 3,496,980 times
Check out US 321 from Hickory to Lenoir. One furniture store after another.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 11,762 times
Smile The Best Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by linearity View Post

Kyra
You must check our Oak-Wood Furniture Galleries in Thomasville, NC! They have the very best prices anywhere and carry many major brands. The shopping experience there can't be beat! You can call them at 336/475-6733 for directions. Happy Shopping!

Old 12-19-2006, 11:32 AM

149 posts, read 612,568 times
last time i was in nc i was driving aroun either concord or kannapolis. I saw trucks parked on the roadelling sofas. is this common? are there usually at the same locations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte