Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:56 PM

18 posts, read 32,545 times

Advertisements

I'm glad I don't have cable...Time Warner Cable is seriously going to lose so many customers of this. I know this because I worked for Comcast when they switched over to these small boxes. So many angry customers, esp those spoiled ones with 10 TVs in the house including the bathrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 10:24 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,193,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorin View Post
I'm glad I don't have cable...Time Warner Cable is seriously going to lose so many customers of this. I know this because I worked for Comcast when they switched over to these small boxes. So many angry customers, esp those spoiled ones with 10 TVs in the house including the bathrooms.
The channels that are going digital only on June 8, 2010 in the Charlotte system are:

CSPAN-2
ShopNBC
Oxygen

I don't see where changing these three channels will cause a panic in the streets of the Queen City.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:14 PM

870 posts, read 3,532,669 times
I watch CSPAN-2 and my wife likes the shows on Oxygen.
You are right that there will not be a panic in the streets but I am paying for these in my subscription to Time Warner so why shouldn't I receive them without having to put another box in my bedroom at $10.
We have one digital/HD box on our HD tv in the playroom. We have 2 other tvs in the house which run on a basic cable into the house. I would have to spend $20 if I wanted those 3 channels on the other 2 tvs.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:09 AM

18 posts, read 32,545 times
Yeah...they start with a few channels and then soon, everything will go over, even the local channels.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:11 PM

50 posts, read 137,639 times
Quote:
Take the plunge....Dish Network...and I don't even work for them
They charge for every tv too!

Old 06-01-2010, 03:08 PM

248 posts, read 723,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
How does one survive without a DVR?!
On a good note.. Have you guys tried the new Remote DVR from TWC.. I was able to login and manage my shows online.. been waiting for that for sometime now.. & good job TWC!!

If not for the addiction (luxury/comfor) of DVR I'd be doing OTA too. Now, the only thing I watch is whats recorded out of my DVR.. and I am not interested in Internet watching.. whats the use of this huge HD LCD TV if I have to watch by connecting to the computer with the lower resolution its on.. and also how can I use the remote? LOL!! am spoilt!!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:09 PM

169 posts, read 318,716 times
Some people have money to blow on a huge flat screen where some prefer spending money on necessities and if you think that watching TV on the Internet is not compatible with the idiot tube then you never watch TV on the 'net.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:35 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,509,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorin View Post
Yeah...they start with a few channels and then soon, everything will go over, even the local channels.
Chorin, you've got that right! In many areas of the country now, the Cable companies have made everything essentially all-digital and encrypted. For instance, in NYC, if you connect the bare wire to the TV, you get nothing! Cable companies seem to be adopting the model of "a box for every TV and a TV for every box!" Just another "money-making scheme" under the guise of "better service". Yeah ....right!

Old 09-14-2010, 07:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,489 times
Default Help!! I hate time warner cable

I have been jipped so bad by Time Warner Cable, each month my bill is about $142 for high speed internet, DVR and regular channels. I have been on the phone countless times trying to lower my bill but each time it requires some bizarre contract.

WHAT IS AN ALTERNATIVE TO TIME WARNER CABLE? I JUST WANT BASIC CABLE AND INTERNET!!!! THIS IS INSANITY

Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 AM

265 posts, read 331,049 times
Anyone else have problems accessing their channels at times? It's sooooooo irritating! I'm strongly considering switching to Direct TV or U-verse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte