Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 04:47 AM

67 posts, read 226,629 times

Advertisements

does anyone know of any GOOD flea markets in the Charlotte, Gastonia or even Mecklinburgh or Union county areas? I am looking for a craft fair type of market where there would be middle to upper class people. I sell culinary and medicinal herbs and need to be inside out of the weather.

Thank you to any who offer suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 05:31 AM

701 posts, read 1,428,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShastaBell View Post
does anyone know of any GOOD flea markets in the Charlotte, Gastonia or even Mecklinburgh or Union county areas? I am looking for a craft fair type of market where there would be middle to upper class people. I sell culinary and medicinal herbs and need to be inside out of the weather.

Flea markets for upper class people? Now there's a concept -- kind of like a gun show for PETA activists.

Your best bet is probably Trader Marc's in Fort Mill. It's all indoors, and the booths are more eclectic than most flea markets (e.g. gourmet pasta, new age crystals, as well as typical crap like tube socks).

Old 05-30-2010, 06:10 AM

451 posts, read 1,564,945 times
Default flea markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShastaBell View Post

Hi ShastaBell, Since I was once an antique dealer, the old Metrolina was where we used to go. This is not the kind of market that would be best for you in my opinion. There are specified markets that are designated as Herb Festivals. I feel sure that there would be some near you at some point. The best one that I know of is the big Herb Festival in Asheville at the huge State Farmers Market. Check Herb Festivals in your area on line to see what pops up. There are other street festivals, like the kind that I went last weekend in Asheville that folks sold everything from art to plants. Should be something in the area. Next Herb festival in our area is one in Banner Elk. When folks go to the flea markets today, they are looking for bargains. Check out Herb Festivals is my advice. Good Luck, and let us know what you find out. This kind of festival is getting pretty big now.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:22 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
The Gastonia Farmer's Market is indoors. Haven't been this year, but last year I didn't see herbs.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:25 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
How about the new farmers market on South Blvd in Atherton Mill?

New Farmer’s Market in Atherton Mills- EcoFlirt

New Atherton Mills market replaces Tailgate - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/04/21/1389924/new-atherton-mills-market-replaces.html - broken link)

Old 05-30-2010, 11:41 AM

thank you CATBIRDS for trying to help me. I go the the Asheville Herb festival to get a lot of my herb plants, so I know where that is. The other places are only a once in a while or once a year type of thing and this is acturally a business for me. I am looking for an outlet to sell my herbs on a regular basis. This isn't as easy as it seems.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:43 AM

Southbound 295 I'll give a look-see thanks

Old 05-30-2010, 11:50 AM

Plain white... thanks for bringing me back into reality. I' m just getting desperate for a good place to sell and I see so much trash and junk at flea markets. Maybe you know of a market that deals with new items? How's that one?

Old 05-30-2010, 11:50 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
Flea markets for upper class people? Now there's a concept -- kind of like a gun show for PETA activists.

Your best bet is probably Trader Marc's in Fort Mill. It's all indoors, and the booths are more eclectic than most flea markets (e.g. gourmet pasta, new age crystals, as well as typical crap like tube socks).
I second Trader Marcs. I went for the first time a few weeks ago. Its probably as upscale as one of those places gets around here.

More info - Trader Marc's Flea & Farmers Market

Old 05-30-2010, 11:54 AM

Jake Ryan... I might be able to look into that one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte