Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:01 AM

27 posts, read 44,628 times

Advertisements

What are the better services in Charlotte? I have about three more weeks to struggle through my contract with Alltel. I was going to go on my brother's Sprint plan but the few people I've talked to here say AT&T? I live in Ballantyne and work at Levine so those are the areas I mostly need good signal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 06:21 AM

177 posts, read 447,723 times
I live in Ballantyne and have Sprint. It's never let me down. I had Verizon at first and it didn't pick up at my house, but did everywhere else.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:06 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,493,199 times
Inside of Charlotte you can have your pick of any of the Big 4. Everyone has pretty good service in the city. T-Mobile and Sprint have the better prices though.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:12 AM

841 posts, read 2,474,666 times
I have Sprint - and have been with them for over 15 years. I had a brief time about a year ago when I was having problems with their service - and they must've fixed whatever it was because I haven't had any issues. I get great reception everywhere I go. I do not have a house phone and my cell works great at home...and I live in the boonies of Clover, SC.

I have heard great things about AT&T also.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
I've heard a few Sprint users who complained about reception in buildings. They all said they loved the plans and the provider but the lack of signals indoors forced them to change carriers.

I had ATT and had no problems with receptions. I changed to prepaid Virgin mobile to save money because I was frustrated with $80 bills but it's the worst decision I ever made. Verizon is the most expensive but I heard it's the best reception in Charlotte.

You get what you pay for and while Sprint has the best plans (I think) I'm going with ATT or Verizon.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:31 PM

245 posts, read 955,715 times
I have had Verizon for the last 5 years. I agree that it has the best reception. Their customer service is pretty decent (as I've used it a few times for new phone issues). I had Nextel at one point when that was popular and then tried Sprint and had reception issues, so I cancelled my contract within one day and went with Verizon. I would suggest deciding on the 2 more recommended companies that you get on here, and then doing a comparison of their plans and what phones they're luring you in with. Be careful when you go to the stores, they really suck you into buying all the "accessories" when you can get them on Amazon for half the price.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:44 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,954,864 times
verizon....a little more expensive but reception is great everywhere and i travel alot

Old 06-20-2012, 12:15 PM

714 posts, read 2,305,406 times
Agreed that coverage here is great for all carriers. We have Verizon now. Switched from AT&T two years ago mostly because AT&T's coverage was so spotty in other areas (outside of Charlotte) that we visited.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:24 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,651,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Agreed that coverage here is great for all carriers. We have Verizon now. Switched from AT&T two years ago mostly because AT&T's coverage was so spotty in other areas (outside of Charlotte) that we visited.
Yep, this.

It depends on your needs - if you'll be in Charlotte the majority of the time, then just about any carrier is fine. If you'll be traveling, then consider a carrier other than AT&T - I've noticed my friends who have Verizon have coverage even in places most other folks don't. (NC Zoo, some areas in the mountains, etc.)

I have AT&T and have never had a problem here.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:02 PM

118 posts, read 234,775 times
AT&T is awful in areas outside of town. I've got verizon and I have Incredible service. They are well worth the extra costs for me. I live in the Charlotte area and work downtown, but I have a second home deep in the mountains and the other providers are useless there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte