Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2016, 11:35 AM

214 posts, read 325,472 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husband and I are considering relocating to Charlottesville. We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old who both have mild to moderate autism. I homeschool my older son, and plan to also homeschool my younger son when he is school aged, but I would consider placing him in an inclusive preschool for the time being, if that is something that is available in the area. I was wondering if anyone could get me started on understanding how the local autism services work. Is there an autism waiver in your area? Is in home ABA therapy something that is available? I see that you have a large autism school, but I doubt that is something that we would be interested in pursuing. I would consider getting involved with community groups though. Also, we would be looking for a regular day time respite provider as well as a 1:1 aide to accompany my older son to activities throughout the week (homeschool groups, enrichment activities and what not.) If anyone could give me any information on these things, or point me in the direction of a person or agency who can help assist, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
View detailed profiles of: