Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 01:49 PM

8 posts, read 23,202 times

Advertisements

I am coming to visit Chattanooga in hope of moving to Chattanooga next year. Can someone tell me what neighborhoods would be considered, good or bad? By bad, I mean, high crime. I want to hopefully find a condo or townhome to rent for about $700-850..is this possible?

Any info I could get on the city would be great.

Thanks for your time,
Blake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 02:15 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times
Blake, if you do a thread search on "neighborhoods", you'll come up with a lot of hits. Read through that. It might answer some neighborhood questions for you. Your price range is reasonable as long as you weren't planning to rent downtown.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 PM

2 posts, read 8,313 times
Default Bad Neighnorhoods

Stay away from Eastlake and North Chattanooga. South Chattanooga is nearly the same. Go to Red Bank or Soddy-Daisy area. I live in Soddy-Daisy and the crime is not nearly as bad. The City of Soddy-Daisy can help you and their number is 423-332-3577. The condos are very reasonable and very quiet here. A lot of beautiful areas, such as North Cumberland State Park, Veterans Park, Soddy Lake. Most places you can leave you front door open and we have very friendly people here. A lot of restaurants,retail stores, Wal-Mart, and Malls on 153highway.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:47 AM

623 posts, read 1,541,987 times
Stay away from North Chattanooga? Wut?

Old 07-31-2010, 01:08 AM

187 posts, read 460,153 times
I personally like the Hixson and Harrison areas myself...Soddy Daisy and red bank areas are ok as well...I don't really know what North Chatt is considered as...Like the area around Coolidge Park and Northshore maybe?....That area isn't bad,but its also not the safest either

Last edited by hondaguy83; 07-31-2010 at 02:01 AM..

Old 07-31-2010, 02:57 PM

249 posts, read 659,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian LeLand Holt View Post
Stay away from Eastlake and North Chattanooga. South Chattanooga is nearly the same. Go to Red Bank or Soddy-Daisy area. I live in Soddy-Daisy and the crime is not nearly as bad. The City of Soddy-Daisy can help you and their number is 423-332-3577. The condos are very reasonable and very quiet here. A lot of beautiful areas, such as North Cumberland State Park, Veterans Park, Soddy Lake. Most places you can leave you front door open and we have very friendly people here. A lot of restaurants,retail stores, Wal-Mart, and Malls on 153highway.
Actually they would much prefer you call them at 423-332-5323. The 3577 number is the police dispatch and when you call it, you'll get a police/fire dispatcher who will not be very interested in answering questions about the city and where to live. As far as crime goes, its typical small city stuff, domestic stuff, theft and various property crimes. Shootings are nearly unheard of and according to the data, the last murder was in 2001.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:21 PM

21 posts, read 55,784 times
Good info already... main avoid: Alton Park, Highland Park, East Lake, Black Bottom (as known by locals), Rossville. Next up, Highway 58, Bonny Oaks.

Best areas are Signal Mountain, Lookout Mountain, Soddy Daisy, East Brainered (with lots of traffic during rush hour), Apison, Collegedale. East Ridge, Red Bank and Hixson are good to iffy. Harrison is good if you can get far enough out on Hwy 58.

Avoid Broad St.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:06 AM

20 posts, read 47,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian LeLand Holt View Post
What the he**? North Chattanooga???? Why make a statement like that without backing it up.

Soddy Lake Park is so riddled with broken glass and shotgun casing, how can you swim without fear of cutting your feet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga