U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:21 AM

59 posts, read 201,969 times

Advertisements

I visited the city last week and I love it , nice and clean and the nicest people I have ever met! however not much for my lifestyle but we are considering the move anyway and we hope to meet friends winter will be the hardest adjustment
Rate this post positively

Old 06-28-2007, 06:36 AM

2,349 posts, read 9,907,885 times
Glad to hear you had a nice trip and enjoyed our town. Yeah, Chattanooga is not the gayest town (I think we have only 3 or 4 gay bars) but remember you are just 1.5 hours away from 3 major cities who can provide you TONS of enjoyment. Did you get a chance to check out Highland Park? I would love to hear your view of it. As far as winter, we seem to wait forever for it to show up and when it does, it's cold for just 3-4 months and Spring is just around the corner.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:31 AM

I am sorry we didn,t meet ! it was my intention to stay longer but the dogs are old and driving me crazy and I think they get wierd when out of their enviroment. anyway I love the city and there are a couple of bars but no one in them but thats no big deal I don,t live for bars anyway ! im too old lol we have a realtor working to find a house however I am a little nervous because it looks as tho there are not many jobs in my field I am a food service director for an alzhiemer facility and the funny thing is my company has 500 buildings and none in tn go figure ...Joe

Old 06-28-2007, 07:59 AM

Oh honey then you must not have gone to Allen's WHEW! Now that place is so packed you can't even move lol What area did you like best? Yeah, we will definitely plan to meet up later. Poor ole pooches! And wouldn't you know about the job situation. We have lots of old ppl and more coming, surely there will be a job opening soon.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Alans

Actually we drove by there and there were no cars so we went to chucks but we are not big partiers anyway and just wanted to feel it out, we walked the bridge and did the duck tour also rock city had dinner in a thai rest downtown but the rest of the time was looking at nieghborhoods and houses you guys have the cuttest homes anywhere and actually the one we are looking at is on dell trail inside an area called glendon place off of germantown so right at the moment we are deciding what to do because the house would have to be managed by a property management to be sure it stayed rented out...Joe

Old 06-28-2007, 10:45 AM

Yeah! We might be kinda neighbors as I live just a short drive away down the access road I actually looked at a place on Seminole very close to the one you are looking at. That is a great location and very close to the Unitarian Church if that's in your interest. You would be living in one of our "select" areas. It's something to say you live on "the ridge" lol I can see why you are debating as you would need to rent a beautiful home out to strangers. It's a tough choice. We'll keep our fingers crossed on the job for you.

As far as Allen's it is slow until the later hours of the evening when the shows start. Did you see the cute 2-3 story house out back? That's where the employees live. Now I would work there just to stay in the house

Old 07-06-2007, 06:29 PM

4 posts, read 22,175 times
i am considering the tenn. area but a little more country feeling is what im looking for any thoughts

what is the gay temp. in tenn. any one know

j

has any one heard of the area 20 min from chattanooga called sequatchie point i kep getting advertising for this place but im not sure what parts if any of tenn are gay friendly

any one that can fill me in

j

Last edited by Beretta; 01-09-2009 at 01:25 PM..

Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 PM

6,290 posts, read 21,434,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwind View Post
has any one heard of the area 20 min from chattanooga called sequatchie point i kep getting advertising for this place but im not sure what parts if any of tenn are gay friendly

any one that can fill me in

j
There's several threads about it here. Here's one: //www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...ie-pointe.html

Old 07-06-2007, 07:02 PM

4 posts, read 22,175 times
thanks are u near this area have u heard of it and is this area gay friendly

Old 07-06-2007, 07:29 PM

6,290 posts, read 21,434,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwind View Post
thanks are u near this area have u heard of it and is this area gay friendly
Sorry, I don't know anything about the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga