Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2007, 08:27 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,914 times

Advertisements

Want info on Chattanooga? Check this out:

chattanooga
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 09:01 PM

421 posts, read 1,690,787 times
Cool website TriDad!
That's one I haven't seen yet!

Chattanooga is my favorite "Downtown" in Tennessee by far! They've got it goin on! And are still upgrading!

My wife,son,and I spent a day there a couple of weeks ago...

First,we went to a Chattanooga Lookouts game that started at noon...(They beat the Birmingham Barons 1-0). Then we went to the aquarium to see their new salt water addition(it was great...but still not as good as the original building-one price for both...)
We then walked up Broad(I think) to "Sticky Fingers" for some GREAT barbeque(I've seen on another thread that there is better in Chatt but we really enjoyed it!)
Then got in our Cherokee which was cheaply parked & went across the river to Coolidge Park.My son got in the water works then we walked along the Tennessee River! Made ourselves a promise that the next time we would ride the "Fat Cat" river cruise!

Needless to say,went home to Cookeville very happy! Had a GREAT time!

firepower

Old 07-07-2007, 10:33 PM

Default perfect day

Sounds like you had a near perfect day. btw...you hadn't seen that site before b/c I just recently created it

Old 07-09-2007, 06:14 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
Most excellent site! I take it you like it here? lol

Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
Want info on Chattanooga? Check this out:

chattanooga
Nice site. Hope you don't mind a suggestion - on the next good clear day I'd get up on Lookout Mountain or Ruby Falls lookout and get a nice shot of the skyline of Chattanooga to include near the top of the page. Now, I assume you work for Southern Living Magazine since the pics on your site came from their July article, right? Otherwise, they might not "appreciate" them being used for another web site (just FYI - personally I don't care).

Southern Living article: Southern Living Travel and Vacations: Splashy River Town

Just went there last weekend, as I haven't been since the original aquarium building opened. Lots of new stuff around the aquarium and I highly suggest "Big River Grille" across from the aquarium as a place to eat. Can't say that as someone who's scared of heights that I like that glass bridge that crosses over to the museum area though.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 07-09-2007 at 09:25 PM..

Old 07-10-2007, 06:19 AM

390 posts, read 1,701,313 times
Hey Atlanta Greg!

I am Tridad's other half and I thank you for the info....Actually, we are not even there yet, but when we get there we will take your suggestion for the picture! I did suggest to him that he needs to cite the article, even though he linked it...if you click on the Southern Living it does go to their article.....He will be citing it properly though! Thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.....We will be moving next month and can't wait!

Robin

Old 07-10-2007, 12:07 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,874,462 times
Cool Hamilton County Albums

TriDad: Below should be the Chatt skyline from Ruby Falls , Lookout Mtn. You can use any of my album pics you wish. Maybe Double click on the pic or this link SPLIT49's photos and albums on webshots . Enjoy [/IMG]

Old 07-10-2007, 12:27 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepower View Post
Cool website TriDad!
That's one I haven't seen yet!

Chattanooga is my favorite "Downtown" in Tennessee by far! They've got it goin on! And are still upgrading!

My wife,son,and I spent a day there a couple of weeks ago...

First,we went to a Chattanooga Lookouts game that started at noon...(They beat the Birmingham Barons 1-0). Then we went to the aquarium to see their new salt water addition(it was great...but still not as good as the original building-one price for both...)
We then walked up Broad(I think) to "Sticky Fingers" for some GREAT barbeque(I've seen on another thread that there is better in Chatt but we really enjoyed it!)
Then got in our Cherokee which was cheaply parked & went across the river to Coolidge Park.My son got in the water works then we walked along the Tennessee River! Made ourselves a promise that the next time we would ride the "Fat Cat" river cruise!

Needless to say,went home to Cookeville very happy! Had a GREAT time!

firepower
I agree with you, firepower, I also think that Chattanooga has Tennessee's coolest downtowns, over-all. Memphis has a bigger downtown with more to do, but you also risk getting mugged or stabbed. I wouldn't take a small child around downtown Memphis at night!

I remember when my family first moved to Cookeville in the 70s, we'd drive through Chattanooga every time we went back to our native Florida. Back then, Chattanooga was filthy and was called America's most polluted city. To see how Chattanoogans have come together to clean up their town and make it such a showplace should be an example for every big city (Knoxville, take note).

Old 07-10-2007, 08:43 PM

thanks SPLIT for sharing your pics. I can't wait to get up there and start snapping some myself

Old 07-28-2007, 02:40 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,172 times
I uploaded a few photos to put here about our latest trip (taken white-knuckled while driving Signal Mountain, but they were taken), and I uploaded them to the "manage photos" section, but don't know how to get them posted here Now they're gone from the "manage photos" section. I hope they're not floating around on another forum somewhere.

I clicked on the paperclip to attach the photos, selected the ones I had downloaded to my computer that I wanted to share, hit "upload," but they didn't attach to the message.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga