Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times

Advertisements

Good Morning,

We are re-searching several places for relocation and I was wondering if anyone can name a nice area, family friendly with great schools, would be nice if we can walk to school... and maybe a grocery store in walking distance also? an area where we would be able to find a two story 1600 to 1800 square feet, clean, 4/2 or 3/2 with finished basement ...I checked on realtor.com for rentals and nothing came up, so....I am not sure what price range to name as I have no idea what places like that rent for in the nice areas?

I am looking for names of either suburbs or non HOA areas that might match the above?

Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times
Nothing? really? wow.......any realtors in here who can PM me? maybe?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:17 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,053,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Nothing? really? wow.......any realtors in here who can PM me? maybe?

North Chattanooga.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:48 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,243,328 times
This is a slow forum... some people only log in every few days. Be patient and check back.

Also, what you're looking for might not exist here. First, Chattanooga as a whole isn't much bigger from a population standpoint than a large "suburb" of a large city (I don't know where you're from because your profile is private). Second, all schools in Hamilton County TN are managed by the county (even those in various cities and towns). It's more efficient to have fewer larger schools, so there's aren't many small local schools still open. The ones that are I would NOT describe as "nice area, family friendly with great schools".

Maybe something like that exists in North Georgia... Fort Olglethorpe or Chickamauga, maybe? I don't know anything about GA schools.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:24 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,318 times
I completely agree with jwkilgore. What you're describing doesn't fit anything I've seen in Chattanooga.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:25 PM

18 posts, read 81,188 times
Take a look at Signal Mountain or Lookout Mountain...great public schools (LM only has elementary school but Signal goes through high school.) On either residential mountain, you will be about 15 mins from downtown (Imax, museums, restaurants, etc...) but will have a small town feel. It should be said that Chattanooga as a whole has a nice small town feel to it (friendly people, less traffic) than most med-sized cities, I think.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:27 PM

18 posts, read 81,188 times
One more thing, try craigslist chattanooga for rental homes.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:16 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,275 times
The best you are going to do to meet those wants, especially walking to school and the grocery store, would be Chickamauga GA. We do however offer some great family friendly areas if you could work around NOT having those conveniences... East Brainerd, Ooltewah, Lookout or Signal Mtn, North Chatt, and Soddy Daisy. These areas take you out of the city proper but not so far that you have to pack a lunch for a trip to "town" as well as offering good schools

Yup, craigslist is your friend

Old 02-09-2011, 09:19 AM

246 posts, read 755,061 times
You really have a very tall order and rentals are not plentiful in the first place. Rentals are always hit and miss. Not saying you won't find it ever but your chances are slim to none to fill all your specifications unless you build it yourself. Sorry!

Old 02-17-2011, 04:49 PM

611 posts, read 1,998,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Good Morning,

We are re-searching several places for relocation and I was wondering if anyone can name a nice area, family friendly with great schools, would be nice if we can walk to school... and maybe a grocery store in walking distance also? an area where we would be able to find a two story 1600 to 1800 square feet, clean, 4/2 or 3/2 with finished basement ...I checked on realtor.com for rentals and nothing came up, so....I am not sure what price range to name as I have no idea what places like that rent for in the nice areas?

I am looking for names of either suburbs or non HOA areas that might match the above?

Thank you,
Hi Algia,

Your exact description does not exist in Chattanooga. (BTW I'm a Realtor). However, North Chattanooga has what you are looking for in a community but finding a 2 story home with a finished basement will be more challenging depending on your budget. Most folks that move to North Chattanooga are willing to compromise on the house to get the community. Again, it really depends on your budget. removed by moderator - hints at offering services (advertising)-not allowed. Sorry for the delay, today is my 1st post in several years on this forum

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 02-19-2011 at 11:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga