Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 06:40 AM

600 posts, read 2,260,962 times

Advertisements

How does everybody feel about this year's Riverbend lineup? Will you be attending? We should all have a meet and greet there for forum members on one of the nights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 04:40 PM

155 posts, read 335,094 times
"Featuring washed up "greats" like the Beach Boys! Huey Lewis & the News! And a bunch of scrub bands you've never heard of!"

To me, it's lame, has been since I moved here in '09, never understood all the hoopla. There's a lot of great things about Chattanooga, Riverbend isn't it. Expensive, big crowds, and uninspiring events/music lineups. I prefer stuff like Riverfront Nights more myself.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:42 PM

611 posts, read 1,998,829 times
Riverbend has become a tradition in Chattanooga. We go every year regardless of the headline performers. The side stages are full of great shows. Besides at $30 or so for a pin, you just can't beat it for a week of entertainment. People watching is awesome too .

River(not hating on Riverbend)view

Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,964 times
I went into Riverbend for the first time in 15ish years and eh... I love the nasty food, the music and as Riverview said, people watching is awesome HAHA but it's just too much for me anymore. I have a little boy so I just wouldn't feel comfortable taking him down into that mess either. We usually hang out on the walking bridge by the Hunter museum which is the best of both worlds for me. I can still hear the music, access some vendors and avoid the crowd.

Oh and I am not a huge Huey fan but he ROCKED!

Old 06-14-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
I went into Riverbend for the first time in 15ish years and eh... I love the nasty food, the music and as Riverview said, people watching is awesome HAHA but it's just too much for me anymore. I have a little boy so I just wouldn't feel comfortable taking him down into that mess either. We usually hang out on the walking bridge by the Hunter museum which is the best of both worlds for me. I can still hear the music, access some vendors and avoid the crowd.

Oh and I am not a huge Huey fan but he ROCKED!
Huey did a fantastic job! Also, I took my 15 YO son to The Machine. Holy Cow! That was a great show. Musically it was amazing. We left a little after 11, listening to them as we walked across the Walnut Street Bridge to our car and couldn't believe they were still playing. I heard they played to almost midnight Oh and skinny brunette could freaking sing!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:24 PM

600 posts, read 2,260,962 times
I really liked Riverbend this year. Starship was awesome. Huey Lewis and the News, not so good. Brian McKnight was great as was Kelly Pickler and Alan Jackson. At $24 for advance group rate pins, it can't be beat. The strut was also really good this year. Had a blast and can't wait until next year.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:46 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,964 times
We did the strut too! I am SO not happy I didn't get the crawfish from one of the stands Rumor is they were fantastic!

Old 06-28-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
I really liked Riverbend this year. Starship was awesome. Huey Lewis and the News, not so good. Brian McKnight was great as was Kelly Pickler and Alan Jackson. At $24 for advance group rate pins, it can't be beat. The strut was also really good this year. Had a blast and can't wait until next year.
I heard Starship killed it! I also heard they set a record for the biggest crowd at a side stage. Sorry I missed that show

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
We did the strut too! I am SO not happy I didn't get the crawfish from one of the stands Rumor is they were fantastic!
We used to score some great BBQ at the strut. Haven't seen crawfish there before
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga