Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:41 PM

82 posts, read 244,639 times

Advertisements

T minus 5 days and counting! We visited Knoxville area in the spring on the way to a Florida vacation. We pretty much ruled out that area. As we proceeded south we did an overnighter in Chattanooga. We regretted we didn't take more time, it was so beautiful. Plus, the city seems about the right size. Not too big, and not too small.

So, we are scheduling a whole week to play, sight see, and explore the various suburbs you have all been commenting on. Feel free to chime in on any suggestions on any of the above. I think we will be taking our bikes down and see many of the tourist attractions. Big question, can I back the Vols, Badgers and Packers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 06:54 PM

849 posts, read 2,954,897 times
No Packer fans are not allowed in Chattanooga. Grrrr!

At least we have Hester!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 PM

Apparently there are Bear fans in the promise land! Hey, you guys handed it to us on national TV! We should be able to at least be civil. It is after all a big State!

Old 10-17-2007, 03:06 AM

Well, I'm not there yet, it will be a few years! I suppose we can coexist for the sake of the state. We're coming up the last weekend in October and I wish it were a week, but we'll have a long weekend. Kids have to be back in school.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the area. Getting there at the right time for the color change and cooler temps, though I suppose that's relative if you're coming from Wisconsin. Bring some rain with you, but make sure to take it back with you before next Friday!

Have a great time and post your thoughts after your visit. Hopefully, you've read up on the thread a little to get some ideas on what to do, and where to eat.

What type of area are you looking for for housing? Many longtime posters on here that can steer you more toward what you are looking for.

Bear Down,
Grizz

Old 10-17-2007, 06:57 PM

Hail, the orange and black is it? Such a pleasant Bear fan after all. Poppa Halas would've been proud of your sportsmanship. My work partner (law enforcement) is a BIG Time Grizz. He was out of control in cheese head land last year. But, you guys made a nice run.
As far as the threads go, yes, I've been enjoying them for over a year now. My wife has scoped out many of the gardens (Rock) and the national forest in Georgia to name a few.
We too are at least 1.5 yrs from the move. perhaps more like 2. Maybe we will be neighbors and fly our NFL flags on Sundays!!!
Brett rules!!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:12 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,024 times
You'll do well to wear orange on Saturdays and keep up on what's happening underneath the Friday nite lights if you know what I mean.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:11 AM

Frozen - Tridad has like a 15 page thread about his visit and search that he linked on another thread, very good reading and watching.

Tridad - If you're talking high school football, I don't know that Tennessee takes first place over Texas and Florida, but I'm eager to find that out. As you can tell, fall is football in my house. Fortunately, my wife accepted my influence and is just as big a Buccaneer fan(well almost) as I am a Bears fan! Makes Sundays real interesting with all of the hollering in our house. I usually put on 10 pounds every fall, then work it off from March to August just to cycle it again.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:38 AM

40 posts, read 206,646 times
frozen tundra

I've been MIA for a while. I knew as soon as I saw your handle on the 'nooga forum you were from WI .
Well , actually so am I .................. just hanging until we get our WI farm sold so we can pack it up and move to our new(old) place in TN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen tundra View Post
Hail, the orange and black is it? Such a pleasant Bear fan after all.
Brett rules!!
Not doing very well on the ol home turf the when the Bearz come to town ,eh ? .............. lol ............... GO figure

Wonder what it would look like if Green&gold and Orange & Blue were mixed ? Bleeechhhh !
Have a good one !
~S
P.S. 'da Bearz Rock ! ! ! !

Last edited by siennaoconnor; 10-24-2007 at 10:58 AM..

Old 10-24-2007, 05:13 PM

I'm likin' this oconnor...gal?

Old 10-24-2007, 06:56 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,024 times
IMO high school football is much bigger here than in South Florida.....driving through Red Bank you'll see signs posted in the front yards of all the fans. It's pretty cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga