Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:15 PM

53 posts, read 187,180 times

Advertisements

Dear Noogin's and others from the area. I have been considering a move to the area, and believe in researching in advance at least one year. I'm down to 6 months and so far I'm loving what I see. I have an agency interested in me. It's the first and only job I've applied for, but I like the company. My hubby is waiting for a position to open with Cummin's Power, so he can just transfer his position. I won't even attempt to go near the previous post's territory on topics. My interest at this point is NEIGHBORHOODS. A good neighborhood is essential to comfort and stress free moving. So far I've spoken to realtors, school admin's, and businesses. I ask for a relaxed family environment, where the children and the adults are seen out in about during nice weather. I din't want a home with a neighborhood watch service who'll call cause my son left his toys out on the front lawn, our my hubby played his music too loud on a sat afternoon while fixing his car. Where parents don't freak out cause the kids get hurt playing, and now they threaten to have my then 10 year old son arrested because they both tried to catch the ball and ran into each other.
Do you have the hip hop gangsta' attitude going on there are we do here? I'm afraid to take the children to the mall, last time we faced a fashion nightmare or too many naken butts exposed as the boy/men lost their hold on their drawers. There are more exposed breasts there than in Nat'l Geographic. We call them hoochie momma's. It's worse when their pushing a stroller.
I just want an old fashioned neighborhood, with sidewalks, nearby parks and a Publix would be nice!! They are sooo awesome here. Our son is special needs so he will be bused where ever they send him. Most likely Soddy area, near signal mount. or I like oootawah. Please tell me what you think. We are not picky people, we like country and sittin' on the front porch and talking together. Not IMing either The icing on this dream location, is to have at least an acre of land. Many acres are even better. We just don't have alot of money, so we'd do our own building or remodeling needed.
Well I certainly look forward to reading your responses. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 07:05 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshelties View Post
Dear Noogin's and others from the area. I have been considering a move to the area, and believe in researching in advance at least one year. I'm down to 6 months and so far I'm loving what I see. I have an agency interested in me. It's the first and only job I've applied for, but I like the company. My hubby is waiting for a position to open with Cummin's Power, so he can just transfer his position. I won't even attempt to go near the previous post's territory on topics. My interest at this point is NEIGHBORHOODS. A good neighborhood is essential to comfort and stress free moving. So far I've spoken to realtors, school admin's, and businesses. I ask for a relaxed family environment, where the children and the adults are seen out in about during nice weather. I din't want a home with a neighborhood watch service who'll call cause my son left his toys out on the front lawn, our my hubby played his music too loud on a sat afternoon while fixing his car. Where parents don't freak out cause the kids get hurt playing, and now they threaten to have my then 10 year old son arrested because they both tried to catch the ball and ran into each other.
Do you have the hip hop gangsta' attitude going on there are we do here? I'm afraid to take the children to the mall, last time we faced a fashion nightmare or too many naken butts exposed as the boy/men lost their hold on their drawers. There are more exposed breasts there than in Nat'l Geographic. We call them hoochie momma's. It's worse when their pushing a stroller.
I just want an old fashioned neighborhood, with sidewalks, nearby parks and a Publix would be nice!! They are sooo awesome here. Our son is special needs so he will be bused where ever they send him. Most likely Soddy area, near signal mount. or I like oootawah. Please tell me what you think. We are not picky people, we like country and sittin' on the front porch and talking together. Not IMing either The icing on this dream location, is to have at least an acre of land. Many acres are even better. We just don't have alot of money, so we'd do our own building or remodeling needed.
Well I certainly look forward to reading your responses. Thanks

You might want to post this in the Chattanooga sub-forum.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 AM

611 posts, read 1,997,826 times
Soddy and Ooltewah for the land and Signal for the school and community. Check out Hidden Brook on SM. Tons of kids and the brand new school is literally just a mile down the street.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 AM

31 posts, read 100,583 times
If you like Publix, there are several coming into our area. We've got one going in the East Brainerd and Hixson area's.

I couldn't help but notice your name...LuvShelties. Do you own Shelties? I used to have 2...they are truly awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga