Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a forum or workshop on foreclosures due to loan modification?
"Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,522 times

Advertisements

There have been several cases of home modifications scams in the Chattanooga area. In both cases, I had to research and fight to get both my friends homes back in current due to the loss of paperwork and the countless waste of time on the end of the banks to homeowners applying for the loans. I feel that this needs to be address and somehow a forum is needed to help people going through this process because I had to call the mayor office, the district attorney, the banks and the loan modification company over a course of two months in order to get a response. In other words do anyone else have friends or family that have lost their home through fraudulent home modifications from banks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 06:37 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,203,296 times
Is this a Chattanooga-specific scam, or should this be in the Real Estate Forum? Or maybe one of the sub-forums?

Old 03-13-2014, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,079 times
Not paying anyone a large fee upfront reduces the chance of a scam but doesn't eliminate it.

Probably not much that can be done about delays but there have been allegations online in Pro Publica and other
places of banks that ask for the same paperwork over and over and then deny the modification as incomplete.
It is difficult to know what really happens in such cases.

According to public data, some people in Chattanooga have received loan modifications.

I've put some of this data on the web. See [url=http://www.armdisarm.com/loan-modification-examples-by-msa-id/16860]Loan Modification Examples from Public Data[/url]

[email]drpaulbrewer@gmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga