U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at Lido Beach)
1,959 posts, read 4,022,506 times

Advertisements

Publix is officially open on East Brainerd (near Hurricane Creek) as of 7am this morning. Heard there were 25 people in line waiting for the store to open.

See: http://store.publix.com/publix/cgi/s...zip=&x=22&y=17

Finally some grocery competition in Chattanooga! Hooray!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 02:17 PM

611 posts, read 1,818,412 times
Looks like my gas bill we be going up

Old 12-12-2007, 02:33 PM

390 posts, read 1,600,172 times
Hey guys, I drove over there at about 10:30 with our little one. I posted about it in the main forum in the Publix thread. There are some great drawings going on that you should really check out! There are boxes to enter different drawings all over the store. It was nicer than any of the ones in S. Florida that I have been to. It was indeed a madhouse though, so maybe wait a few days until next week? I realized how much I missed some of the little things like their chicken tenders.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 AM

286 posts, read 1,000,733 times
LOL! We love their chicken tenders! It used to be a Friday ritual to eat their chicken. So, we're excited to have a Publix in Chatt. I know it's just a grocery store, but we're just excited about the whole thing. I hope the store does well because I heard how Bi-Lo would effectively hinder other chains from establishing here. I think Publix can give them a run. My boss said the Bi-Lo on E. Brainerd did some extra cleaning and moving things around in anticipation of the competition. Bi-Lo was a fine alternative to Wal-Mart for the past year we've lived here, and I'm not hating on them or anything.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:03 PM

101 posts, read 808,767 times
Default Palm trees won't grow here

Now that Publix is here and all the Floridians are fleeing for higher ground, Chattanooga will soon be the place that everyone wants to leave!

Think about it. We all recognize that the place we once lived and loved (Florida) has been ruined by others who come in, in droves, and turn it into an overpopulated mess with all of the problems that come wth that. With hundreds of people also comes the unattractive growth and infrastructure to accomodate them.

So WE move to seek a paradise and slowly turn paradise into the place that
we just left.

...and so it goes.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:31 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,135,302 times
love those chicken tenders....LW brought some home the other day

Old 12-18-2007, 05:11 PM

15,825 posts, read 29,074,817 times
Hmmmm, I guess it would be a bit of a stretch to grocery shop there since I live in Maryville. Drats! Please tell everyone there to hurry up and build a store up here! I am so jealous!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 05:41 AM

611 posts, read 1,818,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Hmmmm, I guess it would be a bit of a stretch to grocery shop there since I live in Maryville. Drats! Please tell everyone there to hurry up and build a store up here! I am so jealous!!!

Just bring a cooler

Old 01-02-2008, 08:21 AM

2,349 posts, read 9,955,447 times
Okay we made our first Publix visit New Years Eve day. BIG mistake! I swear I had road rage and I was IN the store lol It was packed but from what I could see it was a pretty nice place. Their store brand labels are just so cute The prices were decent. On some things they were high but on others very reasonable. The variety was what I loved. I didn't even know what some of the things on display were LOL Outside of the "traffic" we liked it and will give it another shot on a hopefully slower day.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:56 AM

200 posts, read 635,044 times
Try their rotisserie chicken !! WOW!! Great deal - easy meal fix when you are too pooped to cook!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga