Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2008, 02:40 AM

4 posts, read 16,877 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I've been reading these forums for the past hour or so and I haven't found the answer I'm looking for. Basically, I will be relocating to Chattanooga VERY soon from Greensboro NC. I am a younger professional and I work for Norfolk Southern (railroad) in management and am being transfered.

The rail yard is located in what appears to be the downtown area of Chattanooga right off 3rd St. I would like to live somewhat close (15 or 20 mins) to the yard but I know nothing about Chattanooga's "bad areas".

The type of housing I'm after would be something trendy like a loft apartment in the nice area of downtown (#1 choice) or a good apartment complex in a really good neighborhood. Monthly rent isn't too much of an issue however I would like to stay under 700-800 a month at max. I plan to keep my house in NC as my fiance will not be relocating with me.

I've never lived in an apartment complex so I'm a little apprehensive about the whole idea. I have a nice car that I really don't want vandalized or stolen.

So where should I move to? Please help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 07:03 AM

611 posts, read 1,989,040 times
These guy might can help..... Chattanooga Rental Property and Chattanooga's Most Complete Rental Property Search System by River City Property Management. - Home

There are some lofts in the Southside area and look in North Chattanooga area. Also look at Battery Bluffs but not sure about being under $800 there.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:13 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,618,049 times
Here's something perfect for you - the Southern Railway Lofts! Downtown too. The tenants that I have talked to love the place but on the downside you will have to park across the street in a gated lot. Noone mentioned any issues with living there except having to lug groceries and such home. I did a little search and turned up a development on Market called Riverset that looks great. Close to tons of downtown/river activities. Here's the link for you:

Search for apartments in the Chattanooga area Search for Property

The yard is in a very central area so you can rent just about anywhere and still get to work in a relatively short time. Red Bank is always bursting with apartments so you may want to start out that way if you don't find what you need downtown.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy Chattanooga!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:38 AM

I have another question. It appears that North Chattanooga is the best place to live inside the city. I also hear it referred to as North Shore, which I'm assuming is the same thing. At any rate, what would be considered North Chatt / North Shore?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua27 View Post
I have another question. It appears that North Chattanooga is the best place to live inside the city. I also hear it referred to as North Shore, which I'm assuming is the same thing. At any rate, what would be considered North Chatt / North Shore?

If there is a difference ..... North Shore would be the area around Coolidge and Renaissance Parks and North Chattanooga would encompass a much larger area.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:49 PM

Is North Chatt basically anything North of the river?

Old 01-02-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua27 View Post
Is North Chatt basically anything North of the river?
Ok joshua..... that's 3 questions in one thread.... Your pushing your luck
kidding

Anywho.... North Chattanooga is between the river, Red Bank and Rivermont. The zip code is 37405 but some neighborhoods fudge that a bit.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:05 PM

Ahhh okay! It makes much more sense now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga