Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2016, 10:07 PM

213 posts, read 422,493 times

Advertisements

For the short time I have been here, is there a shortage of workers here in town? Just about everywhere I've been to in Chatt-town, I see a "now hiring" sign outside the entrances. I've just started a new job that landed me up here for a couple of months, and heck, I might consider relocating here if I can find a position that pays decent enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 06:24 AM

12 posts, read 23,529 times
I think what you're seeing may be a result of a very low national unemployment rate. Nationally, the UE rate for January was 4.9%, an eight year low. The most recent number I could find for Tennessee was 5.6% in December. Six percent is considered "full-employment" meaning that anyone who wants to work is employed. The job postings you see could be the result of economic growth or lower wage jobs that are harder to fill.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:40 PM

213 posts, read 422,493 times
That makes since, I did come from an area where no one is hiring, to "we need help" I already have one job offer to work a help desk position, but I politely declined.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:45 PM

112 posts, read 404,980 times
Default Lots of jobs but low wages

No shortage of people who want jobs but the wage is generally the problem. The service business is thriving if you are a good waiter or bartender and can get on at a popular place. If you are skilled, there are an assortment of medical and engineering places. TVA is a big employee. Alstom Turbines also. Dupont, Volkswagen and Chatam drug company. Little Debbie is out in Collegedale. Amazon is also constantly hiring because the jobs are burn outs. There are also some telemarketing outfits here wit the same reputation. Medical is by far, the best skilled profession to be in here. Best of luck. Quality of life here is PRIMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
View detailed profiles of: