Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 05:14 PM

222 posts, read 752,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
It's there... Sugar's Ribs and the goats are there as well. U want me to make a reservation for ya?
Room for two. Me and my shotgun

Seriously, Sugar's Ribs I am hearing good things about. Have you tried the restaurant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 05:56 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
U may wanna bring a back-up crew along too but they can sleep on the floor. I have eaten Sugars several times, mostly for work functions. The meat is really really good. The sides are good if you can get them fresh/hot. We had a good time mixing sauces and finding the best combination. It's not my favorite bbq (we won't get into that) but if it was offered I would surely eat it up! Sugar’s Ribs – BBQ Chattanooga, TN

Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 PM

I just found a "Mr. T's" pizza delivery brochure, in a drawer. It came from "The King's Lodge!"

Old 11-22-2012, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,169 times
The Westside Restaurant is the one that is across from the Kings Lodge. It used to be a private club, required so they could sell liquor by the drink. Now it is open to the public. The name changed a while back and it is called Becky's. They still have a bar, a nice one. Fair to good southern cooking. It is never crowded and feels like coming home when you go---but it is a bit worse for wear. The King's Lodge has been remodeled and looks nice with a coat of paint slapped on it. However, the people that wreaked havoc in the area have not moved on...the coat of paint and the attempt to "fix up the area" is pretty much in vain until the people in the area demand a clean up of the junkies who are still prevalent.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaSusie View Post
The Westside Restaurant is the one that is across from the Kings Lodge. It used to be a private club, required so they could sell liquor by the drink. Now it is open to the public. The name changed a while back and it is called Becky's. They still have a bar, a nice one. Fair to good southern cooking. It is never crowded and feels like coming home when you go---but it is a bit worse for wear. The King's Lodge has been remodeled and looks nice with a coat of paint slapped on it. However, the people that wreaked havoc in the area have not moved on...the coat of paint and the attempt to "fix up the area" is pretty much in vain until the people in the area demand a clean up of the junkies who are still prevalent.
Thanks for the update... I'm glad The King's Lodge is still around. Room 213 will always have special memories. 'Nuff Said!

Old 03-02-2013, 08:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,989 times
If the old kings lodge opened in the 70s, when did the new one open? I actually went to the old and abandoned one today and it was a pretty creepy place, even in the middle of the day. I felt like I was at a haunted building. I want to return and explore it sometime however but there have been meth labs in there and im not sure if its a good idea to do this. The new hotel is pretty cheap and Im wondering when it opened. Also when did the older one close?

Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asi1998 View Post
If the old kings lodge opened in the 70s, when did the new one open? I actually went to the old and abandoned one today and it was a pretty creepy place, even in the middle of the day. I felt like I was at a haunted building. I want to return and explore it sometime however but there have been meth labs in there and im not sure if its a good idea to do this. The new hotel is pretty cheap and Im wondering when it opened. Also when did the older one close?
New King's Lodge>?

I didn't know the old one closed. WOW!

I started staying there in 1988. I loved the view from the city at night. Then, it was safe and certainly not cheap. As the years went by, it just got worse and worse. It's been years since visited Chattanooga and stayed at King's. Thatl last visit was "interesting." No sooner than I shut my door, I get a knock, and I hear "hey dude what you need; weed crack? Later that night, I went to the ice machine---with my Glock in my hand! Prob was: no ice machine. Apparently, it had been stolen, and they weren't going to replace it!

If you do back to explore, TAKE PICS and post them! I bet that place would be creepy. Definately one "Ghost Hunters!

Old 04-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Question Bump!

Just wondering if there's any update on the old motel building, or if there is indeed a "new" location for the King's Lodge.

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2013, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulver View Post
Just wondering if there's any update on the old motel building, or if there is indeed a "new" location for the King's Lodge.

Thanks!
It's the same hotel but the building overlooking the interstate has closed down. We srove by it the other day down Dodds avenue and i'm not sure if it was just my imagination but I could swear a balcony door was open and moving. My friend also said she saw movement but I might've just been imagining things. In addition, it seems like I have seen curtains being open one day and closed the next day but once again, it might just be my imagination. It is a very creeepy place now but ai am still curious as to who is inside. It is an ideal building for homeless people or meth labs. In reference to your question: The open buildings are right across the street from the closed down one. The closed down one is the one closest to the interstate with a direct view.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,488 times
what was the name of the lounge after it was called Pancakes? Sunset Lounge?? or City Lights? something like that I can't recall but I can recall dancing there many times until 1 or 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
View detailed profiles of: