Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,394 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Anyone know any good sites for concerts in the Chattanooga area?

Last edited by PropertySearch26; 09-30-2007 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: posted in wrong area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 06:33 PM

14 posts, read 104,465 times
There's Club Fathom: downtown, Rhythm and Brews:downtown, and many other places to stage a band, depends on weather or not you want to get paid

Old 11-15-2007, 07:04 PM

12 posts, read 31,446 times
Sequatchie Pointe Is under investigation for fraud and all sorts of illegal activity regarding the selling of the property there. Many agencies are on thier tale, so dont purchase land there!

Old 11-16-2007, 06:40 PM

32 posts, read 113,407 times
Default Sequatchie Pointe

Oh my goodness!! Where did the criticism of Sequatchie Pointe come from and how is that related to a question about downtown Chattanooga? I would really like to know why there is such hatred towards Sequatchie Pointe. Criticism is actually very healthy and I admire and appreciate valid argument and discussion. However, constantly calling a company crooks, frauds, making comments like "get a lawyer" are fairly general comments. Then calling those of us who bought in this development names is surprisingly silly. Should there be any documentation or ability to substantiate some of these claims I would like to know. Otherwise I will continue to disregard unsubstantiated comments. Yes I bought in Sequatchie Pointe in January and love it as much now as I did in January. Development is coming along fantastic and I look forward to building my semi-retirement home in about 2 years. Maybe I should print all these criticisms out so, in two years, when I am sitting on my front porch in Sequatchie Pointe relaxing I have some humor to read!!

Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 AM

849 posts, read 2,955,124 times
Rick - This person brings it up about every month. This thread and several in the Tennessee section all received new posts at the same time, check it out. Goes by several user names and I believe he is an ex salesman that had a falling out and is working in another development.

I emphathise for him, and his family, but you're right, post something that is valid. Post something with substance or just let it go and move on. There is more than one employer out there.

Good to see you on board!

Last edited by Grizzlybear34; 11-17-2007 at 04:14 AM..

Old 11-17-2007, 05:58 PM

Grizzlybear35,

I am well aware of this person's dislike to SP and this person has consistently posted a dislike for Sequatchie Pointe but has not justified the comments in any way. I think somebody stole his lunch money when a child and he never recovered. Oh well, I continue to just ignore but when new members read those comments and react with concern it bothers me and want the new members to be aware. If there is any justification to these criticisms or comments I would welcome to hear any substantiation but, alas, it never comes. I'll just continue to enjoy the cool mountain air and continue planning my semi-retirement home (I love that picture by the way). Looking forward to going fishing at Nickajack Lake. Haven't had the opportunity yet but look forward to throwing a line in. The best part is it doesn't matter if I really catch anything - just relaxing in the area will be enjoyable enough!!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:59 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Unless you are actually selling something.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:25 AM

And the hits just keep coming!! Simply because I defend a development that I bought in a few others must assume I sell for this development. After all that must be the case because, according to them, anybody who buys in these developments are idiots thus there is no way an actual purchaser would/could defend such a development. That's okay and I will accept the jabs and comments but am still waiting for the specific justification in criticizing Sequatchie Pointe...............................

Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 PM

12 posts, read 31,446 times
Rick and Grizzley, i never said a word to you personally but if you knew what i knew you would not want to keep your land. let me ask you how are the roads and utilities coming? once you realize what you have bought and the company you bought it from you will see. I know the views are nice there and its easy to get caught up in the moment and make a rash decision and buy what they are selling. For months they sold that property without the proper paperwork from the county they have had 2 road crews quit on them because the developer wont pay, the salesmen sold land without the real estate liscence, the list just goes on and on. If you bought a piece there i hope you enjoy it i hope the development pans out and the developer puts in the equestrian center and the clubhouse but i dont believe he will. and yes i am a disgruntled employee but who knows what happens there better than me.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:37 PM

Seqliar,

I truly appreciate your feedback and apologize for taking prevlous comments personally. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience as an employee with the Sequatchie Pointe (i.e. Detweiler) organization. I continue to have confidence that the development will be completed as agreed but you are correct that only time will tell if there are any issues with the development. I obviously hope that Grizzly and myself are on the "winning" end and are tracking the completion of the development closely but, again, only time will confirm. In fact I had to go to Atlanta suddenly last week and took the time to drive to Chattanooga to see the progress. The front entrance road has been completed and just a short section of road about a half mile in is all that is needed to have complete access to the Sequatchie Pointe development from the entrance road. I still needed to enter from the Georgia side due to this short stretch of gravel road not quite completed. I probably could have drove over the dirt portion of this section (actually the "mud" portion since it rained/snowed the day before) but I did not have 4 wheel drive and did not want to risk getting stuck in that short section so went around and entered from the back. Attached is a picture of the front entrance area for those interested. Again, no hard feelings and I appreciate and respect your opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Sequatchie Pointe New Updated Information...-img_0316-resized.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga