Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 06:13 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,651,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Sweet, just what I was looking for. Those pics remind me of East Nashville. Thanks for the post.
You are welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 PM

246 posts, read 754,612 times
Be careful on that. I have one heck of a money pit here and we are contractors. The work never ends but the money does. Many of these older homes were built just out of whatever and never built up to par in the first place. Bad bones.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:33 AM

600 posts, read 2,259,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbyrd View Post

Highland Park and St. Elmo have been experiencing the revitalization effort for a long time and there is much debate, even on this forum about the success or failure of the efforts (I think it is some of both). There are some beautiful homes in the areas and they are so worth the effort to restore/renovate. The Southside seems to be, and I could be wrong, a newer effort and is really on fire right now. It is also an organized effort, both commercially and residentially. Even had its own (mini) parade not too long ago.
I think the desire is still there to revitalize Highland Park and St. Elmo, but the money has run dry. People are having a hard time making their house payments (especially with the very low wages of Chattanooga), so there is no money to fix up properties at this time. Both Home Depot and Lowes are struggling due to this recession, and so in the revitalization of these run-down areas and it's a shame because there are some really cool houses there mixed in with the crime and drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga