Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2008, 08:03 PM

600 posts, read 2,259,627 times

Advertisements

Has anybody installed Bamboo flooring in the Chattanooga area? What were your results? I've heard that it can dry and crack in the winter time, and that is can swell and warp if water gets on it. Some websites don't recommend it for kitchens or baths and others do. Anybody here have any experience with bamboo flooring? Not a laminate or pergo, but real bamboo flooring. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 03:26 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,679,566 times
no clue

Old 08-09-2008, 08:58 PM

114 posts, read 391,215 times
Default Consumer reports

Consumer reports had some things to say about bamboo flooring and If i remember correctly it was not too good on durability. I will have to check and get back to you or you can check CRorg on line.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:59 PM

635 posts, read 1,686,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
Has anybody installed Bamboo flooring in the Chattanooga area? What were your results? I've heard that it can dry and crack in the winter time, and that is can swell and warp if water gets on it. Some websites don't recommend it for kitchens or baths and others do. Anybody here have any experience with bamboo flooring? Not a laminate or pergo, but real bamboo flooring. Thanks.
Some new homes built over off Market St. behind the blue, pink and yellow houses had bamboo flooring (if I recall correctly). The day we stopped by we spoke with one of the builders, she was very knowledgeable and patient. New homes over off of 18th/19th St. & Market have what 'looks' like bamboo flooring, I'm not so sure if its pergo or not, but the neighbor said her washing machine flooded the first month and overflowed onto the floor; I didn't see any visible warping for whatever that's worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga