Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 07:00 PM

59 posts, read 200,191 times

Advertisements

OK..Now that I'm packing, renting trucks, and looking for places to live, I need to start thinking about some places to have some fun.

I'm looking for comments on good happy hour or evening spots for the adult (35-55) crowd in downtown or East Ridge areas. Perhaps some good sports bars or places where one might be able to strike up a conversation with some professional ladies who are relaxing after work.

After all..All work and no play, ya know..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 07:31 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,874,120 times
Thumbs up Sunset music / Bike night

L: The whole city sort of goes to the same central outdoor park for the Sunset Music Series & Motorcycle / Bike night covering 3 blocks.
Vendors beer sales, foods, etc. Mid city waterfall park. Miller plaza, near library, north of Choo Choo.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:38 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,762 times
We have quite a few chain restaurants on Brainerd Rd close to Blue Cross and other large employers where you might find some ladies lounging. Applebees, Hooters, Logans etc... and one local favorite is Buds Sportsbar where tons of people of all ages gather. Downtown has some neat places as well.

Personally I love Night Fall which Split showed

Oh I forgot one that's an old school favorite in East Ridge... Magoos. Kinda your local Cheers with grease lol All types play there.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:37 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,488 times
I've heard the CBC is the place to hang

Chattanooga Billiard Club - Burns Tobacconist - Banquet and Conference Center

Old 08-21-2008, 09:44 AM

GOOD ONE Tridad! I forgot about that place! The downtown CBC is my fav but those steps are a doozy after a few drinks.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:12 PM

600 posts, read 2,259,988 times
I actually like the bar at the downtown Chili's. Two for one drinks. Can't beat it, for a chain restaurant. The Comedy Catch on Brainerd rd is also fun and they have great burgers.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:29 PM

600 posts, read 2,259,988 times
Don't forget "The Big Chill" downtown, they are always packed on Friday night and the food is inexpensive and very good.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 AM

3 posts, read 8,709 times
Thanks all for the info. jkmewright actually directed me to this thread. All sounds like fun. If finding a place to live there is this easy life will be good as originally I was going to move there in Oct but over the weekend things that happened caused me to change my mind and now will be moving the end of the month from Wisc so any and all info ie; good areas to live, other things to do would be great.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 8,661 times
Default Bike night

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty514 View Post
OK..Now that I'm packing, renting trucks, and looking for places to live, I need to start thinking about some places to have some fun.

I'm looking for comments on good happy hour or evening spots for the adult (35-55) crowd in downtown or East Ridge areas. Perhaps some good sports bars or places where one might be able to strike up a conversation with some professional ladies who are relaxing after work.

After all..All work and no play, ya know..

I AM TRYING TO GET SOME TIME , DATES ON . WHEN THE BIKE NIGHT STARTS DOWN TOWN . I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE CLOSES MOTEL
TO STAY AT THAT IS CLOSE TO DOWN TOWN.{looking]

Old 03-27-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELL MIMS View Post
I AM TRYING TO GET SOME TIME , DATES ON . WHEN THE BIKE NIGHT STARTS DOWN TOWN . I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE CLOSES MOTEL
TO STAY AT THAT IS CLOSE TO DOWN TOWN.{looking]
Looks like May 22nd! Just around the corner

CDP :: Nightfall (http://www.downtownchattanooga.org/nightfall/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga