Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 10:09 AM

69 posts, read 143,870 times

Advertisements

Hello all!! I found a home we fell in love with.... the bad news.... it has 2 offers on it! Well, the realtor checked with the listing agent to see if she could find the same/ or similar house around because it DID have all our requirements! Well, it turns out that the builder is making a new subdivision, and can build that exact house for us, in The Preserve!!! Our realtor is going to take pictures of the lots and will get me info on the area on Monday, was just curious if anyone has heard anything about it yet!! We will be in the area in 3 weeks, and I can't wait to drive around and see all these areas!! I was told it had mountain views, lake views and also is up against a 300 acre farm area! So - I am looking forward to this trip to actually see more than pictures of everything around!!
THanks everyone!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 06:02 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,873,336 times
Default Real Close ?

ETC: WELCOME to the neighborhood. You have a street name , must be REAL CLOSE to me. There is a new street / lots going in next to the Soddy town boat launch,prior BOwater prop.?
Also new hilltop on Cliff Mill rd, off Armstrong .? Anyhow prior Melbourne (Space coast) here 2 years. Love Small town. Same rear buffer with Tva / old farm. Direct messege us, with the upper right mailbox, with your dates, street name. Beautiful day today, went to the Dayton / RHEA county fair.
Maybe the Big Hamiulton county fair will be on during your visit.
Our church friends run the new Italian restaurant if you decide to go .?
Quite a few spec houses for sale here , you should have a good choice. You will like our LOW cost of living/insurance/water etc in Soddy.
Your street in EMERALD Bay , Complex.?

Old 09-20-2008, 06:46 PM

We will be there in Chattanooga area on 10-13 Oct. I look forward to the move, everything seems to be slower pace yet friendly city!! I LOVE that!! I HOPE the fair is going on when we are there... the kids would LOVE that! My husband wants to go for walks while we are there over the "walking bridge". He is an avid runner, and can't wait to get there and participate in races!!
Kids love Italian, so I am sure they will want to check it out!! Thanks!!

Ok - those pics you sent are AWESOME!! What street is that on??? Is that YOUR house?? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the house!! Gorgeous!! Will send you a msg!

Old 09-20-2008, 08:25 PM

Default Price range?

E: We are Double retired. All of my 5K & 10K trophies are boxed up in garage.
Not in the real estate industry here. Did some many states ago. Also had some General Developments land many years ago in MANDARIN, South of Jacksonville, liked that waterfront LANDING,.
. Cove ,off water,near water can range from $140 to $440k . So will help to show you other friends also. WINTER water is ON the main channel (moe expensive) dock boat most all year. TVA draws water down maybe 5 feet in winter for shore work / buffer, etc. Summer water or Cove lots may have Steep steps or quite level. Some of these new big multi level is SALE creek area. Possum cove near us has about 5 neighborhoods,or streets, inside EMERALD BAY.? Maybe tri-level with basement garage, BUT could also be close side to side (20 feet apart ) ? Really need to view the street / neighbor.
We have full acre hilltop /hunting woods in rear, no needs for curtains. Ridge lots next door still untouched.

Our empty nest cabin , 12 types of trees in front yard.
November Emerald Cove

Old 09-20-2008, 09:47 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,020 times
Hey Split I think the Preserve may be close to you. I found a listing for it, says it's on Clift Mill road. You live close to there?

Old 09-25-2008, 01:31 PM

Creekcat,

YES thats the road it is off of! My realtor went out there and took pictures! But it is SOO hard for me to "see" from land shots. I can't see it being a house!! LOL I think I may be better off getting a house already put on land.. then I CAN SEE what I am buying..... LOLOL
Too complicating for me for a first purchase, AND doing it from 500 miles away doesn't help either!! But we will be there in 2 weeks for our first visit!! I am SO excited about that!!
Thanks guys!!

And SPLIT.... AWESOME Pics!!!! I am drooling and can't wait to get there!!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:43 PM

Default Good MOtorcycle Road

Etc: Bring your Motorcycle. Coming from Straight Fla, Cliff Mill has a few twisty corners. Dont stay out till 3am your 1st week there.
.. Top of hill looks like a Equestian Olympic training facility. 6 board fence as far as Eye can see. Like a Ocala , Fla ranch . No houses up yet, black top road, if it is the new area. Will pass Fri afternoon , can get a pic.?
County fair on Sat , Sun sorry .
. Real close to Soddy lake for the 4th of July Car show , music , fireworks.
CLIFF MILL right on top of hillside in background. Cove comes in from Main river channel.

Last edited by SPLIT; 09-25-2008 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: More info

Old 09-26-2008, 06:56 PM

Smile PICS - Update

CreekCat: You would make a good cop . Glad your around. Will be snooping around your backYard in 2 weeks with Cumberland Trail group building Rock Creek Bridge. Dont Shoot.!
..ETC, got all your pics , latest news. 1st house going up for Dec closing. NO name on entrance walls ,yet but member surprised we knew name. Also new curvy street getting paved end of Armstrong rd , on cove ..TOP Shelf Dirt..! . Secret is OUT for North Hamilton County. No mortgage / housing slow down here.

1st house near front.

Extra Land ,Looking WEST to Cumberland plateau , Walden Ridge.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:08 AM

849 posts, read 2,954,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
CreekCat: You would make a good cop . Glad your around. Will be snooping around your backYard in 2 weeks with Cumberland Trail group building Rock Creek Bridge. Dont Shoot.!
..ETC, got all your pics , latest news. 1st house going up for Dec closing. NO name on entrance walls ,yet but member surprised we knew name. Also new curvy street getting paved end of Armstrong rd , on cove ..TOP Shelf Dirt..! . Secret is OUT for North Hamilton County. No mortgage / housing slow down here.

1st house near front.

Extra Land ,Looking WEST to Cumberland plateau , Walden Ridge.
Split - Now that is America! Beautiful...

I love the fence shot.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:04 AM

Split - AWESOME shots of the area and house being built!! I agree Grizzly that the fence shot is the best, just the view of the mountains behind it.. wow!!
Also the pic of the cars!! WOW - I am so looking forward to seeing those views in person! I bet they were wondering how you found out the name of the subdivision huh!?!? THANK YOU SO MUCH for going out and taking those pics!! I don't know what I would do without all you guys on here..... I am so glad I found this board!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga