Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:28 PM

114 posts, read 391,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbyrd View Post
Hi there....ScarlettHurricane was referring to the East Brainerd area, when referring to murderous traffic. It is highly conjested over there and when I go on that side of town, I am reminded of the larger cities I have lived in (Ft. Lauderdale and Los Angeles).
East Brainard traffic similar to Los Angeles- You MUST be joking. I live in East Brainard and it isn't even a close comparison- actually pretty distant. I must disagree with you on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 04:42 PM

390 posts, read 1,701,659 times
I did not say similar. I said I am reminded of. Cannot really argue with ones perception. I am reminded of them, becuase it is the only area of town where I get cut off, I turn my turn signal on and people speed up rahter than let me in, and I wait longer through more than one light due to such a long line to turn left.

I was not comparing volume of traffic by pure numbers. Just talking about my perception in that I like driving when in E. Brainerd less. Sometimes on 153 in Hixson it gets bad too, but I know the area and can avoid it more.

I am happy that you like E. Brainerd, I really am. It is just not my favorite place in Chattanooga when driving. I go there often for doctors, stores, and restaurants and have no problem with the area, other than traffic is

Old 02-04-2009, 08:11 AM

52 posts, read 182,245 times
I recently moved down to chattanooga myself and was looking for the 500-700 range.

I landed a 1000 square foot townhouse with 1 bedroom 1 bath with washer/dryer hookups and a dining room too.

Two story too which I like the bedroom and bathroom are separate from everything else. Water was included and it has gas heat/water heater and electric for everything else. Came with appliances minus washer/dryer(including a dishwasher!).

The bathroom is huge and I have 2 huge closest in my bedroom and an extra 2 one in the bathroom and one just in the landing between the bedroom and bathroom.

Anyway I looked around and settled on finding something on the Mountain Creek Rd. Area because of it's convience to downtown and because it was also convient to the main highway I use to drive into and out of chattanooga (highway 27) to visit family on weekends.

This is where I'm located:
The Trails of Signal Mountain! www.bpiresidential.com

Good Luck if you have any specific questions for me or decide to go here and would like to use me for reference just send a private message I can also let you know about the other places I went too and why I decided not to go with them...although I did find one other nice place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga