Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 09:48 PM

2 posts, read 11,740 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My wife and I are relocating to Chattanooga from Atlanta and have begun our house hunt. We've narrowed it down to the East Brainerd/Ooltewah area due to appreciation speculation.

We were impressed with a few houses in Hidden Lakes, but were quickly red-flagged when we saw the number of for sale signs in the neighborhood. After doing some research, I read that the subdivision is built next to an old landfill???...not sure if this is the reason for the large number of for sale signs...

Does anyone have any recommendations or info on Hidden Lakes? Also, does anyone have other subdivision recommendations?

We are also open to looking at other areas (not just East Brainerd)...please advise.

Thank you so much for all of your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 09:57 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,667 times
sorry, no info from me on that

Old 11-18-2008, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 9,708 times
Default House for sale or rent in Hunter Forrest Subdivision

I have a nice 1 1/2 story 1700 Sq ft 3 bdrm, 3 full bath, 2 car garage, level lot, 20 mins from the new VW plant, 25 mins from downtown, 5 mins from a marina, 10 mins from a Jack Nicklaus golf course. For rent or sale.
615-758-9752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmisri View Post
Hi,
My wife and I are relocating to Chattanooga from Atlanta and have begun our house hunt. We've narrowed it down to the East Brainerd/Ooltewah area due to appreciation speculation.

We were impressed with a few houses in Hidden Lakes, but were quickly red-flagged when we saw the number of for sale signs in the neighborhood. After doing some research, I read that the subdivision is built next to an old landfill???...not sure if this is the reason for the large number of for sale signs...

Does anyone have any recommendations or info on Hidden Lakes? Also, does anyone have other subdivision recommendations?

We are also open to looking at other areas (not just East Brainerd)...please advise.

Thank you so much for all of your help.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:09 PM

32 posts, read 108,703 times
what is the rent you are looking for???

Old 11-18-2008, 12:11 PM

5 posts, read 14,738 times
if your looking to buy let me know. I can connect you with a great Realtor in the Brainerd area.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:55 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,275 times
The Summit landfill was closed in '99 I believe. BUT it's off of Woodland/Old Woodland so it's a couple of miles from Hidden Lakes. That old landfill is going to be converted to a softball complex last I heard.

There were 16 homes listed on the MLS for that neighborhood and that's not unusual these days. It's a pretty large development one so the number is really not that alarming. I found only one that is a foreclosure and possibly affected by ARMs that were so popular during the time Hidden Lakes was developed. It's a nice area if you don't mind a little traffic and soccer moms in SUVs

Old 11-30-2008, 08:50 PM

25 posts, read 88,988 times
Default Did you look at Emerald Valley?

We moved to Emerald Valley three years ago and looked at most neighborhoods in East Brainerd. If you are considering Hidden Lakes, you may have toured Emerald Valley. If you don't mind me asking, what is your price range?

We chose Emerald Valley because of perceived resell value, and because we like the smaller feel to the neighborhood. There are about 80 homes with a mixture of young families and empty nesters. One other nice thing: the houses are all complete except for one open lot (no construction noise in the mornings!)

Hamilton County is building a middle school and high school around the corner, and kids can walk to a well-regarded elementary school. All good for resale. As well, the neighborhood is gated, which is nice for traffic reduction. There is also a private pool for the residents. We had our house for sale last year, but took it off the market because we felt too many people were shopping for deals ... not homes. I am sure Hidden Lakes is suffering because there are more houses in that community, and nothing is moving now.

You can learn more about Emerald Valley at emeraldchattanooga.org.

Good luck to you.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:25 PM

27 posts, read 109,911 times
Meadow Stream in Ooltewah is awesome! Kid friendly, great views of the mtns., very social network throughout the entire subdivision. Plus less then 2 min from the lake.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:17 PM

137 posts, read 431,043 times
Emerald Valley is certainly a nice subdivision, and Westview Elementary is a great school. The two big subdivisions in East Brainerd are Mountain Shadows and Hurricane Creek, of approximately 500 people each, I think. Both are nice. (I live in Hurricane Creek.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga