Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2008, 09:02 AM

32 posts, read 108,686 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to chattanooga, TN from MI in Jan 09 and wanted to know which are the good suburbs around chattanooga. I have heard hixon, soddy daisy. i have a 3 yr old, so good schools are imp for me. i would like a nice safe neighbourhood. any good apartment complexes. i would be coming down for a house hunting trip in mid dec.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 11:18 AM

364 posts, read 1,112,482 times
Sister-in-law lives in Soddy Daisy. She loves it, not sure about schools because she home school's. But the area has nice feeling.

I was not crazy about it at first because it was so different than what I am use to. But it has grown on me as I have gone up to see her.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:11 AM

600 posts, read 2,260,545 times
Check out E. Brainerd, Hixson, Harrison and Signal Mountain.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:31 PM

3 posts, read 10,370 times
Question Are there job options available in East tennessee

People whoever staying in East tenenessee would u kind to tell me about the proper info of that place?Anyone who had travelled there?Specially Madisonville,TN

thanks for your assistance

Old 12-04-2008, 08:30 PM

286 posts, read 1,085,992 times
See my post in someone else's complaint about Chattanooga. I live in East Brainerd. There are plenty of good daycares in our area such as Primrose, Grace Daycare and Elementary, Ridgedale daycare. As for public schools, Westview Elementary is tied with 4 other schools as tops, and I predict it will only get better. I live in the Belleau Woods subdivision where there are lots of families. The neighborhood is quiet, has sidewalks, gas street lamps, only one entrance which keeps out traffic. There are many residents here who are expecting their first child in the next year.

A new middle school and high school have been built in this area as well. The area is convenient to shopping and restaurants.

If you want more rural, you should go to Soddy Daisy. Hixson is okay as many people who have history in this town live there. East Brainerd is younger area of town and there are many transplants. I'm a transplant myself!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:22 PM

27 posts, read 109,906 times
Ooltewah is a great suburb outside Chatt. 15 mins from shopping, a new Publix and sportsbar just opened at the exit. There are nice subdivisions along Ooltewah-Georgetown road. Meadowstream is beautiful, flat and has great views of the mountains with the lake on the other side
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga