Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 03:38 PM

114 posts, read 391,238 times

Advertisements

Finally got confirmation on the job and am moving to Chattanooga. Will arrive in May and will look at finding housing before school starts for the family move.

Need info on piano lessons for 11 year old who has been playing for 5 years. Any Suzuki teachers out there?

Anyone giving French lessons to 9 and 11 year olds? They both have been going to French school in France for the last 2 years and do not want them to lose it.

How about Horses and Horse stables or lessons. Split informed me that Soddy Daisy has some stables and I learned there is something up on Signal Mt.

Am leaning to hixon side of the river due to housing, traffic and schools. Any comments.

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 04:17 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,873,725 times
Smile SUZUKI are Motorcycles.?

P; Make it Early in May for my Birthday party. ! Seems like we will have Two reasons to celebrate. Yes West side of river will be less trafic than the I-75 corridor. I think I even found another Horse source the other day and it reminded me of you.
Very rusty on the French part, long time out of High School. Tres Bien.
Just tell the Chat gang what you need.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Suzuki Teaching Method

Split, Thx, Suzuki is a non traditional method of teaching music and my daughter has done both- traditional and Suzuki. Suzuki is more hands on and practice instead of memorizing notes etc. Will unfortunately not be able to make your bd party as I will arrive aprox 15 may. Was hoping 1 may but can not get out earlier. Will definetely bring a belated present though from La Belle France (a bordeaux wine peut etre?)

Old 03-26-2007, 06:59 PM

476 posts, read 1,134,501 times
Smile French Lessons, Riding Lessons

French Lessons
I would suggest checking out Univ of Chattanooga (UTC), I'm sure within their liberal arts school they have many French majors who have studied abroad, are fluent, and would be willing to tutor for a resonable hourly rate.

Riding Lessons
Oh, one of my good friend's parents own a stable on Signal. They rent it out to folks with horses, they have professional riding lessons available, resident groomers etc. She used to have THE coolest birthday parties. I can ask her permission to provide you with her mom or dad's email address (or whoever runs their stable) for more information and PM you with it if you like.

I loved growing up in Chattanooga (on the Hixson side). It's a beautiful place. If it had a larger job market, I might be living there now.

Enjoy Chattanooga!

Old 03-27-2007, 01:10 AM

Default French and Horses

Callsnap, Yes I will follow up on the Liberal Arts idea- Too bad there is no Alliance Francais in Chattanooga-
PLEASE PM me with horse info. What else can you tell me about Hixon side. Thinking of Hixon, Soddy Daisy or Signal Mt. I gather that the areas are good for kids growing up. Can I ask where did you move to and is the job market the major reason you moved? All pointers are appreciated

Old 03-27-2007, 06:29 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
Pioti, you may want to consider Center for Creative Arts for your children's school. This is one of our magnet schools and I can personally recommend it. Here is a link for all of our magnets:

http://www.hcde.org/site/media/pdf/items/199.pdf (broken link)

Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 AM

jkmewright
Thx will research it. What I have looked at it is difficult to get into the magnet schools as there are waiting lists etc. Nevertheless will follow up based on your recommendation. What are the transportation issues with the magnet schools (bussing), and what about siblings etc.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:32 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
Hmmm, depends on where you live. CCA is on the Hixson side of the river headed downtown (does that make sense?). Most of the pickups are at other schools or major locations like churches, etc. The waiting lists seem to be mostly for CSAS and CSLA where ppl have waited in line for over a week. Once a child is in, siblings are also in. Gary Record is the principal at CCA and I am sure would love to give you a tour or more info. VERY VERY nice guy.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callsnap View Post
Riding Lessons
Oh, one of my good friend's parents own a stable on Signal. They rent it out to folks with horses, they have professional riding lessons available, resident groomers etc. She used to have THE coolest birthday parties. I can ask her permission to provide you with her mom or dad's email address (or whoever runs their stable) for more information and PM you with it if you like.

I loved growing up in Chattanooga (on the Hixson side). It's a beautiful place. If it had a larger job market, I might be living there now.

Enjoy Chattanooga!

Callsnap, can you follow up on the contact to the horse stables?

Old 08-19-2007, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,396 times
Hi Pioti,
I know this is an old post, but I just read it.
I am a native French living in Chattanooga. I've bee in the States for 3 years now.
Are you still looking for a teacher for your kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga