Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 09:40 AM

21 posts, read 48,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmm1959 View Post
Good for youYou are being hired for maintenance right?What is your skill set electrical or mechanical?
Mostly electrical. I currently have my own business doing as a controls integrator. I build panels, do PLC programming, work with vision systems, troubleshoot, modify and repair equipment. I also install and program servo, and stepper motors. I do have mechanical experience also,but primarily elctrical. I have been doing this on my own for the last 6 years but the past 2 have been kind of rough so I thought it was time for a change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 04:15 PM

323 posts, read 1,159,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genogin View Post
Mostly electrical. I currently have my own business doing as a controls integrator. I build panels, do PLC programming, work with vision systems, troubleshoot, modify and repair equipment. I also install and program servo, and stepper motors. I do have mechanical experience also,but primarily elctrical. I have been doing this on my own for the last 6 years but the past 2 have been kind of rough so I thought it was time for a change.
Sounds like you have a great resume.Mine is mostly mechanical and machining with a AS degree in electrical.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you have a great resume.Mine is mostly mechanical and machining with a AS degree in electrical.
How far along are you in the "process" ?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,438 times
Default Volkswagen Recruiting

Hey everyone! I've just been reading through the threads high and low points. Seems like everyone has had quite a roller-coaster. I started the whole process only a couple of weeks ago and am scheduled next week to go to the RV Park for assessment. Has anyone else been through the assessment? I would like to know what to expect.

I'm not applying for a production or maintenance position. Instead I'll be working (hopefully) in HR. I hope I can get the job so I can serve you guys the best I can and avoid some of negative reactions that I've seen on the thread.

Good luck to everyone in the process!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
How far along are you in the "process" ?
All I have done is send in my resume.I am employed,but would luv to work for VW and live inTN.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
All I have done is send in my resume.I am employed,but would luv to work for VW and live inTN.
Where do you live? When did you send in resume? I hope things go well for you and things start happening. This is a long process and it's hard to be patient and wait. Even though I have progressed this far I still don't feel like I have this locked up. I will take whatever comes my way, even if I end up staying where I am and doing what I am doing now. Things just seem to have a way of working out for the best. Good Luck to everyone out there waiting....

Old 06-17-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Where do you live? When did you send in resume? I hope things go well for you and things start happening. This is a long process and it's hard to be patient and wait. Even though I have progressed this far I still don't feel like I have this locked up. I will take whatever comes my way, even if I end up staying where I am and doing what I am doing now. Things just seem to have a way of working out for the best. Good Luck to everyone out there waiting....
I sent my resume in exactly when they opened up the position.Been a while,trust me I know all about long processess.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:37 PM

Anyone know which models will be produced here? I read something about a new sedan, is that the CC?

Old 06-17-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Anyone know which models will be produced here? I read something about a new sedan, is that the CC?
Thats what I heard.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:22 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,238,589 times
Slightly off topic, but potentially useful for those who don't get the nod from VW. Toyota has announced that they're resuming construction of their Blue Springs plant near Tupelo, MS. They're supposed to start hiring this fall, and start production of the Corolla next year.

Link to WCBI article.
Link to WTVA article.

Link to thread in City-Data's Mississippi forum.

Not trying to steal people from VW. Just letting people know that if they strike out here or miss a deadline then there's another plant opening only a few hundred miles away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga